New iOS app is on the App Store!

Anyone now what firmware the p3 comes with out the box, notice this app needs a certain version firmware and wondering if we will need to update the firmware straight away. Can't get near a computer to check the dji website and can't rmbr what the latest firmware version is that came out the other day.
Like all software based product companies, they have to start building and boxing units knowing that a newer software release will be coming in a few weeks. They have to build up a pile of boxed units to ship to customers or dealers. Once the newer firmware is finalized they immediately start installing the newer software on the production line.

Your unit's software is based on the random act of the forklift operator in the warehouse. He moves pallets of units to the packing and shipping area, then orders to customers and dealers a filled by grabbing any boxed unit that is the right model, sticking a label on it and piling it in the boxes going out today.

A pallet going to a dealer might include some old software and some new software units. Th SN is the only way determine if the software is the old or new. If there is a large stack of units in a store Just like buying milk choose the one with the latest SN. All old SW units will be gone in a few days.

Reactions: Adam Kontras
So IOS gets live stream and the simulator but nothing for android? That's lame.

And where's our pro backpacks !

Reactions: dirkclod
Funny, I've had my P3P since last Friday and the weather had been great. Finally get the iOS app and I'm grounded by stormy weather. Go figure...

So IOS gets live stream and the simulator but nothing for android? That's lame.

And where's our pro backpacks !
Think I heard they not coming till Christmas when the P3P V3 comes out . ;)

Think I heard they not coming till Christmas when the P3P V3 comes out . ;)

Hahahaha awesome. Threw the back pack in for fun haha

Reactions: dirkclod
Did anyone using a Mac to upgrade the firmware have any problems? Thanks

Yes I have and I started a thread on this very subject tonight.
When I did the new v1.1.8 firmware update, I did the phantom 3 unit first and the text did read success, but when I did the same update with the remote and put the SD 64GB micro card in my computer, I have no text at all. The RC made all the proper beeps and had the blue light on the RC so it seems to of did the firmware properly going by that alone. Has anyone else come across this problem? Is it safe to fly without the RC text?

My controller wouldn't respond to the 64gb Kingston memory card I tried it with, I put the file onto a smaller memory card and it updated it straight away. Don't know if the controller can read a big memory card or not or if it was just a clitch. I only thought of trying this because I know the TVs in our car won't play any films on a memory card bigger than 16gb so it just seemed the first thing to try. If you haven't got a success file after trying to update the controller then no don't try fly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers