New Hub

Reaction score
FYI
Just got an email from B & H. They are expecting the new HUB from DJI very soon. Woohoo, won't need to solider anything………..I think

Perhaps a small air-trailer will be in order...

skeeter said:

Or, you need to learn to solder. All this plug and play stuff is just adding more and more weight. Expand your abilities, buy a soldering iron. Soldering is not difficult with patience and practice.

Skimmer said:
skeeter said:

Or, you need to learn to solder. All this plug and play stuff is just adding more and more weight. Expand your abilities, buy a soldering iron. Soldering is not difficult with patience and practice.

I know how to solider just fine thank you very much.

Thats not really the point. I won't to be able to REMOVE things when not needed or being used. Yes 95% of the time it will have everything attached but if I won't to fly it naked I want a simple option and a hub fits the bill

I wish I would have not soldered as I like to experiment with difft video tx's and configs. I have bought some small deans and BEC connectors and are going to create my own smaller and lighter plug and play. Though I did buy 2 hubs from Atlanta Hobby to pilfer the plugs and cables... Atlanta Hobby has a bunch of the hubs. Expecting the car charger soon too I hear.

For those who don't like to solder, it is dead simple with the right tools and some practice. Get yourself some "helping hands" to hold your wires. Costs about $15 and will make your soldering 100% easier. Lightly tin the wires individually before trying to put them together. Keep your tip clean (ehem). Put your heat shrink on BEFORE soldering. I still screw that one up every once in a while! I've become a wiring Nazi as I do A LOT of it lately with the various activities I am doing. Clean wiring saves you a lot of headaches later.

p2-futaba-osd.jpg

Skimmer said:
skeeter said:

Thanks, but I taught soldering at IBM in the, ahem, eighties. It Is the best electrical and mechanical connection to be sure. However, it must be done correctly. One commonly over looked, yet extremely important step is to dissipate heat before it reaches delicate components using heat sinks while keeping the area of interest hot enough to make a good connection and avoid cold solder joints. Wires are no big deal, but in close proximity to active and passive components requires skill and the correct tools. Solder lightly...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl