New here to update or not to update firmware.

I received my P3P today and after charging the batteries I immediately updated the firmware to the latest. Then IMU calibration, gimbal auto calibration and compass calibration. No issues at all. Rock solid steady and flying like a dream.
Most people that update don't have any issues. But there are some that do. For whatever reason, some do, most don't. One problem is unacceptable to that person.

I haven't updated my P3A since I got it.

Too many threads of stuff going wrong, and the firmware I've been using has been perfect. No need for me to risk messing it up.
I hear ya. However, seeing those error messages every time you fire up gets old. DJI does that so you will update. When I did update my craft flew like s__t. Its no joke. Its supposed to fly right.

I decided not to update for now. The video and bird flys rock steady used it for some youtube videos already.

Takes ok pictures also here is one from our ranch where the feral hogs destroyed a pasture over night.

Reactions: Steve Moore
I did update, mine works well, not a single problem, very stable, solid, very good to fly, my first drone, update 1week ago the day i got it!
Sorry for my english...
Brasilian

It's not an "insanely minuscule percentage". You should go read other threads and in about 30 secs you will learn how much of a disaster this latest firmware really is

Reactions: cleaner1369
It's not an "insanely minuscule percentage". You should go read other threads and in about 30 secs you will learn how much of a disaster this latest firmware really is
Be careful!
The word "Firmware" is now considered profanity and your account could be locked for using the word. (already got my warning...so it was nice knowing y'all...I'm probably banned now)

Reactions: TLM
Be careful!
The word "Firmware" is now considered profanity and your account could be locked for using the word. (already got my warning...so it was nice knowing y'all...I'm probably banned now)
This Forum will not allow you to say anything bad about DJI. You will be cautioned if you do. And, their are the regular users on this Forum that will call a you "whiner" and other childish names because you express your unsatisfaction of the product for any reason. You could be removed if you express your feelings about what goes wrong with your drone. The fact is, that several P3 owners have had technical malfunctions with their drones after updating their firmware. These malfunctions only happen to some, but not all that update. Who knows why this happens? Why only a few? No one truly knows why. Not even DJI. DJI has known about these issues since their firmware update (1.2.6) came out sometime around the 1st of June. But many of the users on this forum will be quick to say that "Its operator error". They (DJI) in my opinion do not know how to fix this problem or they would have by now. Then there are those that have sent their crafts in to DJI for warranty repairs and do not get any satisfaction in that realm either. You have to get an RMA number (return merchandise) from DJI's technical support system before they will accept your drone for repairs. Then DJI informs you that it will take 6 weeks to hear back from them. I have heard of folks that have sent in their P2's in for repairs and haven't heard anything from DJI for months.
If you are one of the few that are truly experiencing technical difficulties, you will have to just grin and bare it because getting relief from DJI is a long drawn out process. Or maybe no relief at all.

Reactions: flyNfrank
I have not updated mainly because my P3 operates great right now and I don't see that the new firmware offers me anything new. So I will just wait until there is a firmware worth installing. Something about, if it ain't broke...

... i bought mine P3P from the dealer in lebanon a week ago and it came with the latest firmware 1.2.6, working perfectly no issue at all !!!

Nizar, if tour using ipad , ur in a big trouble :)
I had facing my nightmare since i upgrade my app. To 1.2.0, its the worst ever, dji himself is complaining,
Hope they will fix it soon,
Another question, who's, the dealer in leb.?!???

This Forum will not allow you to say anything bad about DJI. You will be cautioned if you do. And, their are the regular users on this Forum that will call a you "whiner" and other childish names because you express your unsatisfaction of the product for any reason. You could be removed if you express your feelings about what goes wrong with your drone. The fact is, that several P3 owners have had technical malfunctions with their drones after updating their firmware. These malfunctions only happen to some, but not all that update. Who knows why this happens? Why only a few? No one truly knows why. Not even DJI. DJI has known about these issues since their firmware update (1.2.6) came out sometime around the 1st of June. But many of the users on this forum will be quick to say that "Its operator error". They (DJI) in my opinion do not know how to fix this problem or they would have by now. Then there are those that have sent their crafts in to DJI for warranty repairs and do not get any satisfaction in that realm either. You have to get an RMA number (return merchandise) from DJI's technical support system before they will accept your drone for repairs. Then DJI informs you that it will take 6 weeks to hear back from them. I have heard of folks that have sent in their P2's in for repairs and haven't heard anything from DJI for months.
If you are one of the few that are truly experiencing technical difficulties, you will have to just grin and bare it because getting relief from DJI is a long drawn out process. Or maybe no relief at all.

I find the first part hard to believe because I have seen you saying nothing but bad things about DJI, and you are still able to post here. But because of you and a few others I chose not to upgrade until a good follow me app and or film this point app comes out forcing me to update.

I have not updated mainly because my P3 operates great right now and I don't see that the new firmware offers me anything new. So I will just wait until there is a firmware worth installing. Something about, if it ain't broke...

As the old saying goes, if it aint broke. don't fix it. As a person who's been into tech, computers, and of course firmware updates for more years than i care to admit I can say it's safe to stay put on a firmware that's working fine for you. Especially considering there are known issues with the newer firmware that's available. Anyone telling you to update now until a new newer firmware is released is flat out wrong. Stay where you are if your Phantom is working as it should. when a new firmware comes out give some of the early adopters at least a few weeks to vett it out before taking the plunge.

Nizar, if tour using ipad , ur in a big trouble :)
I had facing my nightmare since i upgrade my app. To 1.2.0, its the worst ever, dji himself is complaining,
Hope they will fix it soon,
Another question, who's, the dealer in leb.?!???
Salut Omar first i am using the ipad mini 3 wifi+4G and the s6 edge both are amazing no glittering, as for the software i am using the dji pilot latest version always on both also works like a charm " right now i have updated the software to dji GO (ios only) and the drone to the latest firmware 1.3.20, didn't try it yet but fired up turn it on connected to the RC every thing is smooth and works great", as for the dealer in lebanon HobbyMax Mr Stephan ... cheers

Salut Omar first i am using the ipad mini 3 wifi+4G and the s6 edge both are amazing no glittering, as for the software i am using the dji pilot latest version always on both also works like a charm " right now i have updated the software to dji GO (ios only) and the drone to the latest firmware 1.3.20, didn't try it yet but fired up turn it on connected to the RC every thing is smooth and works great", as for the dealer in lebanon HobbyMax Mr Stephan ... cheers
Thats great nizar, the new v3 yaa i agree its koool, and its smoothly nice, but the HD channel still missing wh"ichs not great for my use, however , try to fly indoor and chck haw the drone will driffit slowly to the right side , waiting ur replay, and share ur youtube channel for sone videos in leb, i like to c,
Follow mine 2 , cheers,

P3p upgraded firmware and it worked great. Flys great and it's an amazing platform. dJI will improve its support but in the meantime they have created something that in 90% of cases is an extraordinary piece of equipment. But from reading these threads, many people do not read instruction, advice or even really understand the product and that's where issues arise. I love this machine. Not only for what it is but for what it means to so many industries in the future. If this is p3 imagine p10!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20