New Hampshire

It's always a great weekend. I'll just have to rush my tempo vs playing among the crowd if I want to get to checkpoints.. all this is assuming I can talk one of the safety boats into transporting my Phantom in hard case.. And of course, you can bet I will share the vids in my channel.
Now the FPV goggles. More I see of them, more I want some. If it wasn't a royal pain to mod the P2V+ for some, I would be all over it. On the flipside, this is my first quad. Love it, but the technology will improve and hopefully the law will still allow FPV to be used. I'll fly this puppy as long as I can and see what comes next.

Hi there,
I am still in beautiful hot Florida and did a couple of autonomous flights using waypoints around my house in Florida, I have attached a youtube link (see below) of my last auto pilot flight. Towards the end it was just manual flight.
http://youtu.be/TbpG8DRJCq0

I live in Pennsylvania most of the year, but I try to spend as much time as I can in the Holderness area during the summer months. Looking forward to getting some drone footage of Squam Lake. Less boat traffic there. Some nice hidden coves and bays. I'm a little concerned about flying over water.

@BJames:

BJames said:
Now the FPV goggles. More I see of them, more I want some. If it wasn't a royal pain to mod the P2V+ for some, I would be all over it.

The goggles I've seen don't seem like they would be a "royal pain" at all. There is the WideViewXi and the Zeis Cinemizer. Both just plug into your iPhone or Android. I guess they just mirror whatever is on the iPhone, including the live streaming video in the DJI Vision app. Anyway, it seems pretty simple to set up.

Those would give you a great view of what your phone is receiving, sure, but when I am talking FPV, I mean a dedicated rig with a gorgeous full HUD and data recording.

I'm in Dover and just picked up a Phantom 2 w/H3-3D gimbal. Hero4 arrives tomorrow, woo!

I took it out for my first test flight in Madbury today, it was incredible. I admit, I was moderately terrified upon firing it up but from the second I was off the ground I fell in love. It's so much fun and much easier to fly than expected. I had a hard time resisting the urge to fly straight up as far as I possibly could but managed to restrain myself to a couple hundred feet since it was foggy. Buzzed around for around 25 minutes and had a huge grin on the whole time. Can't wait to see the images from it. I'm working on figuring out a FPV setup in the near future!

10410089_10100304247632231_3201741782014991549_n.jpg

erikgraham said:
@BJames:

BJames said:
Now the FPV goggles. More I see of them, more I want some. If it wasn't a royal pain to mod the P2V+ for some, I would be all over it.

The goggles I've seen don't seem like they would be a "royal pain" at all. There is the WideViewXi and the Zeis Cinemizer. Both just plug into your iPhone or Android. I guess they just mirror whatever is on the iPhone, including the live streaming video in the DJI Vision app. Anyway, it seems pretty simple to set up.

I wouldn't get the Cinemizer for use with an Android phone or tablet. While they advertise that it works, in reality I've been trying many Android devices with the Cinemizer OLED and I can say with certainty that it doesn't work on Android. Maybe there are some Android devices it will work on but I haven't found any so far and Zeiss has been less than helpful.

on iPhone; they are great and wonderful!

I'm open to any group get togethers! It's really fun flying with other Phantoms

A neighbor and I flying around.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm in Dover and just picked up a Phantom 2 w/H3-3D gimbal. Hero4 arrives tomorrow, woo!

I took it out for my first test flight in Madbury today, it was incredible. I admit, I was moderately terrified upon firing it up but from the second I was off the ground I fell in love. It's so much fun and much easier to fly than expected. I had a hard time resisting the urge to fly straight up as far as I possibly could but managed to restrain myself to a couple hundred feet since it was foggy. Buzzed around for around 25 minutes and had a huge grin on the whole time. Can't wait to see the images from it. I'm working on figuring out a FPV setup in the near future!

10410089_10100304247632231_3201741782014991549_n.jpg

I'm in Dover too ! We should meet up I can show you the fpv kit I got from acesdeals.biz it works really well let me k ow if you wanna check it out !

1 month old P3P owner here from Windham NH .. Just 10 miles south of Manchester.

Of course my ownership of the P3 is one month old - not me [emoji4]

I'm a new (2 weeks so far) owner of a P3A in Cheshire County. So far, I've just made flights from my yard and kept it over my yard... it is 2 acres of mostly grass with trees at the edges, so it makes for decent practice. I get good views of Monadnock from up in the air.

Now I'm trying to think of other good places to go. I prefer places that aren't "illegal" or otherwise draw too much attention to myself, scenic nature places, not over centers of towns or cities. Any ideas? Are NH state parks cool with quadcopters? If so, I was thinking it might be interesting at Lake Sunapee State Park, that Temple Mountain parking lot across from Miller State Park, Echo Lake in Franconia Notch, and I was wondering if Sargent Camp allows visitors to fly from that giant field they have.... I was last there in 1978 on a class trip. Any thoughts, please comment.

Hello all!

I'm not an owner/operator yet, but joined to investigate the possibility of buying a P3S to start learning to fly and hopefully transition to a part time job. I live in Newton and will keep my eye on this thread to watch for any get togethers.

Hello all!

I'm not an owner/operator yet, but joined to investigate the possibility of buying a P3S to start learning to fly and hopefully transition to a part time job. I live in Newton and will keep my eye on this thread to watch for any get togethers.
Greetings.. You are not far from me (WINDHAM) so let me know if you decide to get one and I'll show you all the tricks [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking for anyone in the Lakes Region area of NH that have Phantom. Just looking so I know there are others out in my area]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
Hey - I am in Laconia. Enjoying the heck out of flying especially over the water. Not enjoying the hassles with the firmware and the instructions:-(.

Just be careful not to start flying your P3 at/around 62% battery life. I really enjoy flying over water and got bit by this. I'm seeing way to many P3 and even Inspires drop out of the sky because
of these "smart" batteries.

See my photo's / Video of the crash:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

any of you guys still on here? planning on hiking Mt. Washington in September. just wondering if drones are allowed on the trail / summit. read something about them being banned on the auto road

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers