New Hampshire

Seacoast NH, Phantom 1.1.1 owner here. I've flown mine when temps were as low as 5º-10ºF. No problems at all. I believe that the manual recommends putting tape over the vents if the quad has a hard time warming up.

My only issue right now is that the phantom seems to be drifting a bit right now. I'm sure there is something I can do with the Naza software to resolve the issue, but I just haven't had the chance yet. I think I need to balance the blades as well.

Here's a video from one of my first flights: http://vimeo.com/83949928

I am also from near the seacoast and today I took it to Hampton Beach to enjoy the warm weather. Unfortunately it was a bit too windy to get to fly safely and I didn't get it above 20 feet before bringing it back in. Hopefully the weather will be warmer in a few weeks.

New Phantom fc40 owner. From the southern NH area.

Love learning more and more about this machine.

Hey all,

Nashua P2V+ rookie checking in. Love this quad, but had a setback with the gimbal. Been practicing my flying almost daily over the ballfields of Nashua High South while I wait for DJI to reopen the gates for RMAs. Looking to get back in action soon and get a lot of cool kayaking footage on the Nashua River and other places.

Hello
I am a new P2V plus owner in Spofford NH. I am having a great time with this. So far very impressed. I have been out over the water many times. Great pictures and video. I am using a I pad air now for flying. It sure helps my fifty year old eyes see what is going on. Please let me know if anyone wants to meet and chat.

Scott Samson

Planning is good. Hope to do it before we're all banned from flying these things. I am in Nashua and I try to get out almost daily to practice. Today I am skipping my homework though - have other plans for the evening.

Weekend is a full moon - this could be fun. Where do you guys fly? I am usually at Nashua HS South in the big fields or along the Nashua River. I try to go where people won't be spooked.

Hi All:
Just registered here and would be very interested in joining your meet-up. I live in Methuen but am a Pastor in Salem and most likely will be moving there soon. Would love to meet others who fly these in the area. I'm looking to purchase one but want to see them in action before I do. Videos are great but I want to personally watch some in action.

Charger22 said:
I am only 30 min for you. Could meet somewhere and you could see and try it out. I have a fc40.

You in NH too? Share the heads up and maybe I can make out out to get some practice too.

Re: Hi all!!

I am glad to hear there are a few other nuts like me in the granite state. I have been flying the Phantom FC40 for a while and just recently crashed a brand new Vision 2+.....uhhhgggg!!! only after 5 minutes of flight when one of the props just flew right off the machine and it plummeted to the ground like a sewer cover. I guess I received a defective unit from the factory and have since returned it for a refund.
I live in the Milford area and would certainly enjoy meeting up with any of you guys and flying with others in the area. I hear some of you being shy about letting these birds loose and I guess I don't blame anyone, in my case I will be very apprehensive when I again fly the Vision 2+ If any one has some good fields to fly, please let me know, I found one here in town that is pretty big and wide open and there is seldom any any people around (I usually will not fly these things if there is people scattered around within my flight path)

Yikes - crashed the new one within minutes? I'd have been furious. I usually fly in Nashua over the river into downtown and over Mine Falls Park. I hit fields too, and need to keep practicing. Nashua High South has a few ballfields that I normally use for that. I'm not a heavy FPV user, P2V+ is good for that, and I am trusting it more for taking pictures and lining up shots at least.
Anyway, been shooting vids as I learn. Here's a channel of my efforts so far: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEugac ... uMGOvY6ILA

Where exactly in Milford is it you fly? I see some large areas, but no guess as to it being public.

The place I have been going to in Milford is called Hazel Adams Burns Memorial Park, is a small park just west of town off of Osgood Road it is not a very large field but certainly big enough to fly any kind of drone. The thing I like about this field is there usually no one there, at least the few times I have been there and as I said before, I am hesitant to fly if there is other people using the park. I will be practicing with my P2V+ sometime this weekend and hopefully I will get some hours and some level of confidence with it. I will be taking the P2V+ down to my house in Florida in a couple of weeks and hope to do some flying and aerial photography when I am down there. My big fear about crashing the P2V+ is more related to hardware failures and birds, specifically birds! down in my area of FL we have a lot of raptors who will attack anything that they don't like. But then again, birds are everywhere and they rule the skies, I guess up here in NH you have to watch out for crows and hawks. Have you had any issues with birds during any of your flights?

I took a look at the park you mentioned and yeah, that is small. Then again, practice is practice and the stuff we shoot isn't always in big, wide, safe areas.
I'll be doing a suicide awareness fundraiser all weekend, otherwise I would have liked to join ya and fly that park.

As for birds - no issues yet. Nothing has wanted to chase me yet. Hope it stays that way.

BTW, those video links you sent to me were just great, I don't think I am daring enough to send my Phantom over downtown Nashua. I just received another P2V+ I figured one was defective, what are the chances two would be? Well, like the previous one this one this one failed in 30 minutes and never got even fly it!! Everything appear to work just fine until my wifi range extender just quit working and that was the end of that. Amazon will be replacing it with another one and if I have any more issues, I will just give it up. I do not understand, why there is such poor quality, I have had the FC40 a while now and never had an issue with that machine. I think the P2V+ is a great concept and design but unfortunately China still lacks quality control in manufacturing. This is a fairly sophisticated package with quite sensitive electronics, you think they would some rigorous QC for a product that retails for $1300. Well lets hope I dont have to return a third one.

I really hope your second P2V+ does a lot better for you. I really love flying mine. The downtown trip started off with high confidence since the day before I deliberately flew over a park until failsafe RTH kicked in when I lost signal. It worked like a champ and I knew if I kept altitude, nothing bad should happen. It wasn't til I was passing radio towers that I started inventing new risks that I hadn't accounted for and that led to some panic when I lost FPV. All worked for the best.
This weekend I am headed out to an event called Paddlepower up in Lebanon NH. 2-day paddle on the CT River raising money for suicide awareness. This is my fifth year kayaking as part of a team of Pirates. Great times! Here's the event site: http://paddlepower.org/
I'm hoping to get the Phantom up a few times and capture shots with a river full of kayaks and canoes. At least 200 boats will be making this run. Should be pretty cool!

Sounds like a pretty neat trip u going to. Both my wife and I used to do a lot of kayaking (sea-kayaks) up in Maine, but is been a while for us we are now lazy and just hop on our boat to go away on week-ends. Hopefully I will build up some confidence on this new P2V+ (if doesn't blow up) Just purchased a set of Zeiss Cinemizer FPV goggles so I hope to be doing some of that in the near future, but first I have to get acclimated to the flight characteristics of this new Phantom. we'll see how it goes, next week I am taking my Phantom down to my place in Florida, so I will be doing most of the flying down there. Hey, if you do any videos of you kayaking adventure please post them.

Have fun!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20