New H4-3D Gimbal

p fandango said:
SteveMann said:
A GoPro product manager confirmed to a writer on Pro Video Coalition that the Video Out signal on the bus port on the back of the HERO4 WILL NOT provide a video-out signal for the Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal, nor the early released v1 of the H3-3D gimbals. You must use an FPV connector to the USB port on the side of the GoPro to get an FPV signal out. At this time, there is no word of a firmware update from GoPro to resolve this.
& with GoPro taking a step into the drone market, do you think they will do a firmware update to get there camera's to work with the competition? Not a chance

the thing that annoys me (& i don't know why, as i haven't even got a Hero4 yet) is that they really can't of done much to stop it working. If you can use any GoPro LCD bacpac & get a picture using the rear port what have they done to stop a gimbal getting a picture. I really don''t believe that 2 years ago when they started making the bacpacs (which apparently work with Hero4's) that they put an extra "coding" or "ID" circuit in so the camera would restrict video to things it knew were genuine GoPro accessories

and yet DJI do it with batteries??

SteveMann said:
I have no problem pressing the settings button on my H3-3D/Hero 4.

quick FYI - I've had 2 different H3-3Ds (version 2 both of them) and both my Hero 3 and Hero 4 fit VERY differently in them. The first one I had was MUCH tighter, when I inserted the Hero 4 indeed it would press the wifi/settings button HARD and not release it until I removed the gopro from the gimbal, which actially took a lot of effort it was so tight. I wound up doing the dremel mod and nicking a little slot for the button and that worked fine.
unfortunately, I crashed that gimbal so I had to buy a new one
both my GoPros in my newer H3-3D are MUCH more loose. The hero 3 will almost fall right out if I don't have the clip attached to hold it in, and the hero 4 is indeed so loose that the settings/wifi button is NOT pressed, I can even press it and utilize the button like normal while the gopro is mounted in the gimbal.

my point is: there is definitely some variance in the production of the H3-3Ds, especially that mounting plate. So just because one person says "but it presses my settings button!" and someone else says "that doesn't happen on mine"... both people are correct :)

SteveMann said:
p fandango said:
have they done anything to change it from the H3-3D, apart from recalibrate the weight balance & modified it so you can access the settings button i assume
I have no problem pressing the settings button on my H3-3D/Hero 4.

A GoPro product manager confirmed to a writer on Pro Video Coalition that the Video Out signal on the bus port on the back of the HERO4 WILL NOT provide a video-out signal for the Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal, nor the early released v1 of the H3-3D gimbals. You must use an FPV connector to the USB port on the side of the GoPro to get an FPV signal out. At this time, there is no word of a firmware update from GoPro to resolve this.

steve you seem to have insider information on a lot of topics, are you part of the industry ?
p fandango said:
SteveMann said:
& with GoPro taking a step into the drone market, do you think they will do a firmware update to get there camera's to work with the competition? Not a chance

the thing that annoys me (& i don't know why, as i haven't even got a Hero4 yet) is that they really can't of done much to stop it working. If you can use any GoPro LCD bacpac & get a picture using the rear port what have they done to stop a gimbal getting a picture. I really don''t believe that 2 years ago when they started making the bacpacs (which apparently work with Hero4's) that they put an extra "coding" or "ID" circuit in so the camera would restrict video to things it knew were genuine GoPro accessories

can someone shed some light on this, how exactly is video transmitted out from go pro onto viewing device? it has to be embedded with proprietary information and voltage?? i dunno but id like to understand how video is transmitted what is it voltage? ???

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl