New Guy

Reaction score
Just got my first quadcopter, been a bit windy to fly it today but hope tomorrow is better :p

Managed 5 flights!! 4 ended in a crash but the last was good, looking forward to this new hobby and interested in any tips and advice regarding mods, ordered a case to store it in and a few other bits and bobs.

Hope I can contribute in the future.

Hey Scooter!

Welcome! I think you'll find that the FC40 forum is about the most helpful group here. Every Phantom owner is a little different in their approach to things like mods. Some like prop guards, so don't, some are happy with the FC40 camera, but some aren't. It's hard to recommend any mod without knowing a little more about your goals and which of the mods you've seen interest you.

Agree with CarlJ. Folks here are quite helpful and certainly helped me when I was new, like, 3 weeks ago! Great place and people.

Only got about 20 mins of flying today as the wind is still bad but managed to fly it a lot better than yesterday, as for mods I have seen a twin battery carrier that looked a good idea?? I do fancy upgrading the camera and have looked at FPV today, the fatshark kit looks good!!! I better learn to walk before I run first tho

Hi Scooter - I'm a FC40 flier any questions just ask !

scooterbuk said:
Only got about 20 mins of flying today as the wind is still bad but managed to fly it a lot better than yesterday, as for mods I have seen a twin battery carrier that looked a good idea?? I do fancy upgrading the camera and have looked at FPV today, the fatshark kit looks good!!! I better learn to walk before I run first tho

Just make sure theyre NOT 5.8Ghz "Fatsharks" or they'll cause havoc with your Std TX/RX, on the FC40, as its 5.8ghz too , I use a 1.3ghz video TX and a screen far better

hi new guy, I put the fusuno landing gear on mine. very happy with them, nice looking and very stable. and I have the new fc40 gimbal. very well made. works great right out the box, for me spot lights & strobon blue strobe lights are a must have. being these things don't have tails, makes very easy to know what way its going. night flights a breeze. some 4000 MAH batts. I would highly recommend the fusuno landing gear.. had the guards on at first, but its faster with out them and more stable. and less chance of getting in VRS,, with my landing gear you don't ever have to worry about tip over. have fun ;)

Well had it out a few time now and loving this new hobby, first day I took it out for a proper flight bumped into a guy with a phantom 2!! whats the odds.

My batteyr flight time seem really good, I am getting 12min and the battery light is still not flashing!! been changing about this time as I dont want to push it, I take it this is because they are new?

I bought 9" props today from the phantom 2 and think if flys better, this could just be a placebo effect tho.
Does everyone else get random people approaching you when flying? everyone I have met cant believe how well they fly and how far they can go.

Going to get new landing gear as a few times its tipped back on landing.

scooterbuk said:
My batteyr flight time seem really good, I am getting 12min and the battery light is still not flashing!! been changing about this time as I dont want to push it, I take it this is because they are new?

I am doing some flight trials and I hope this helps.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=23071

Also this might help too.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21305

Nice bedtime reading guaranteed to send you to sleep,

Regards

Pete

scooterbuk said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ_kTm6lGqQ&feature=youtu.be need to get better at this

Just keep flying, and don't worry about the video. At some point you'll want to add a gimbal, but not just yet. There's something to be said for the joy of flying...just keep enjoying it.

Did you let your friend fly?

Oh and they can always use that video down at the local hospital, in case someone OD's and they need to induce vomiting. :shock:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.