Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

New guy with a few questions

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Help' started by AnimalMother, Jan 3, 2016.

1. AnimalMother

Picked up a Phantom FC40 quadcopter for next to nothing and came with a bunch of goodies. Having 0 experience Ive been taking my flying slow and steady to learn.

I decided to reattach the G2-D gimbal onto the copter and put my Hero3+ on to get some video time in.

I immediately realized flying is really different with the added weight, takes a lot more throttle to take off. I am totally aware of full throttle take offs instead of feathering it up. What I am having a problem with is landing. Seems I can't get a decent landing without the copter tipping forward and burying the rotors in the ground.

I am assuming its the weight of the added gear doing this but am unsure how to counteract this.

any tips would be great. I have tried searching "bad landings with gimbal and go pro " but couldn't find anything that was helpful

I also realized my radio throttle stick is sprung. I was under the impression the left stick (throttle) is supposed to be free play. is this normal? can i change it somehow where the spring doesnt pull the throttle back to 0 if I let off on it

Thanks!

2. Rg15

I would buy landing gear extentions.

3. AnimalMother

i have extended ones that don't allow the go pro to touch the ground if thats what you are referring to. its more like I can't cut the throttle off fast enough to just let it plop down.

4. Ken Hanks

Your throttle should return to neutral position under spring tension

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

5. kirk2579

are you using left stick down , 3 seconds to stop or the CSC

also try hand catch if still an issue, I use when windy , snow , etc

6. AnimalMother

left stick down to try and land which i have had good success without the gimbal and camera.

not sure what CSC is so ill go and google it.

I havnt even thought about hand catching it at all and suppose that would help. today was quite windy so that could have more to do with it than i may have realized.

ETA: i undestand CSC now, and i have to go all 4 corners of the sticks to get all 4 motors spinning before take off..