New guy To get 4 or 3 Professional?

Reaction score
Hey everyone! After flying my friends professional for about a day I've got the bug and want to get my own. He got his before the 4 was even out but fir a first timer is the 4 worth the extra coin to get? I'll be taking video around the city and at shooting range (matches). I use to fly RC Planes too.

Where is the cheapest place to get one (that's still has a warranty)?

I was in the same boat and bought a 4. It was worth the extra money to me. Now is a good time to buy a 4 because of the recent price reduction. I think all the places that have a valid warranty sell for the same price. ie Apple, Best Buy etc...

They are both great machines (and so is the Advanced).
Whether the new features are important enough for you to justify the extra cost is something only you can decide.

With my limited experience it's hard to say really.

The Phantom 4 has a lot of great new features. You can check them out in detail here.

Where are you located?
North Carolina

Since you're in the US, you should only purchase a Phantom from an authorized DJI dealer. DJI recently updated their warranty and is no longer honoring their warranty if the Phantom was purchased elsewhere. Pretty much all authorized DJI dealers are selling the Phantom 4 for $200 off right now. Amazon is a great place to buy since they have a 30-day money back guarantee on orders they fulfill. You can find a list of authorized DJI dealers selling on Amazon here.

Being new to drones a couple months back I decided on the P3A. I decided this because first off how did I know I'd like flying a drone? Secondly, being new to it if I crashed it... which I did once so far because of the auto RTH, no big lose to replace it. Once I get use to the P3A and have many hours/flights under my belt I will move to something more expensive.

I got P3P a year ago and have got good footage for the $$€€.

But I know some day the AC will break due to an operator error or some inevitable mechanical error.

I have bought some P3P related gear (B&W Type 61 Case for DJI Phantom 3, Anbee/BTG NDs, Mudder polarizer). I'd rather not re-buy all that for Phantom 5 or some other AC.

So the other day I wondered if I should buy another P3P AC while they are still around.

The Phantom 3 Pro' is an awesome model, especially if you get a trouble free one. ;-)
Had mine for over a year, and never experienced a single bad issue, or any problematic flights. I always update when ever available and keep abreast of what's going on in the community through these forums and friends who fly locally.
There are many other very decent brands on the market, but they all seem to follow the @dji lead.

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20