New Guy Intro

Jedi, after you get comfortable with your Phantom and get 100 flights under your belt, buy the Headplay HD goggles for that HDMI port. For $250 they provide an Imax like experience to fly your craft. Very immersive, like an out of body experience flying FPV with those.

Reactions: Jedidroner
Ugh.... waited all day and only half the order showed up, and the P3P wasn't part of it... another day to go i guess..

Welcome to the forum. You're not the only one patiently waiting for their Phantom 3. Mine is 'scheduled' for delivery tomorrow. (sigh...)

Meanwhile, I've been busy fabbing up a folding landing pad with adjustable legs, and hot glued a couple of line levels on two sides.
I'll probably find myself in 'less than perfect' conditions for deploying the P3, so I figger a "LZ" free of dirt/sand/large rocks
will only help matters.

I also got a UDI 818A drone for about $80. Been strafing my wife in the living room for a few weeks now, and having
the 'raw' controls gives you a LOT of practical experience, especially with the left stick, where the yaw and power are.
Learning to move the stick directly left/right, without power change will probably help smooth out video clips.
I also do a lot of 1-2-4-5-7-8-10-11 O'clock control practice, which is a real PITA to learn. Only practice can
give you those skills. That UDI quadcopter has slammed into just about everything in the house, and I've only
replaced 1 prop so far. (Doesn't do well in wind..... couldn't bring it back once in a 10-15 mph wind)

Maybe I'm just kidding myself, but I feel a LOT better about flying a $1200 machine with that experience....
Tonight it's raining, and I'm flying the UDI in the Living Room!

I've flown 3 R/C Helicopters, and this is a lot different. Easier, yes, but not without it's own set of challenges.

Oh, and get on You tube. LOTS of great media with reviews and flying tips. Good Luck!!

P3P and all the accessories showed up today... Got the old body and motors though. I was really hoping for the new stuff. I'm not concerned with performance as i believe the people that say the difference in the motors is negligible. I'm sure either motor performs fine.. However i do have other concerns

1. The box appears to have been dropped at some point hard enough to crush the corner in pretty bad. the quad appears to be fine but i worry the impact my have jarred something.

2. The old style casing worries me with the reports of cracks.. I realize it may have been only a percentage of the shells cracking, but i know my luck and also why chance it at all..

3. Although i know the old motors perform okay. the release put out concerning the new motors and control board say that the parts from the two are not interchangeable, and if they're not using the older style motors anymore, how long will they continue to produce the old board or warranty and replacement parts.. I plant to have this thing for a few years, so who's to say by the time the warranty runs out and it needs something, that parts will still be available..

I am considering sending it back, but even then, there's no guarantee that i won't just get another old stock model.. I'm also considering playing the odds, that it wasn't damaged from impact and that i'll be one of the many with no issues... I even considered returning it and grabbing one at best buy but then i would lose the free battery i got with it...lol

What dealer sold you the P3?

P3P and all the accessories showed up today... Got the old body and motors though. I was really hoping for the new stuff. I'm not concerned with performance as i believe the people that say the difference in the motors is negligible. I'm sure either motor performs fine.. However i do have other concerns

1. The box appears to have been dropped at some point hard enough to crush the corner in pretty bad. the quad appears to be fine but i worry the impact my have jarred something.

2. The old style casing worries me with the reports of cracks.. I realize it may have been only a percentage of the shells cracking, but i know my luck and also why chance it at all..

3. Although i know the old motors perform okay. the release put out concerning the new motors and control board say that the parts from the two are not interchangeable, and if they're not using the older style motors anymore, how long will they continue to produce the old board or warranty and replacement parts.. I plant to have this thing for a few years, so who's to say by the time the warranty runs out and it needs something, that parts will still be available..

I am considering sending it back, but even then, there's no guarantee that i won't just get another old stock model.. I'm also considering playing the odds, that it wasn't damaged from impact and that i'll be one of the many with no issues... I even considered returning it and grabbing one at best buy but then i would lose the free battery i got with it...lol
You'll want to look for model 323A on the box to get the new version.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers