Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

new guy here

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by phillippeterson, Oct 15, 2014.

1. phillippeterson

Hello, I just registered a minute ago. Quadcoptering looks like a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to reading this forum to help me find out about the different kinds of copters, quad or otherwise, and what features are even available. It looks like this forum may be brand specific. I'll love reading it regardless, but are there other generic forums where I can learn about drone/camera flying? Thanks, Phil

2. IrishSights

Welcome to the forum Phil.

Just a wee tip if your searching here for answers...Use Google site search rather than the built in forum search - its not great. If you go to the General Forum Stickies there is a post there containing a bookmarkable link if you wish. Once you find your topic you are looking for just post your question on the end to bump it...helps keep it tidy and all together, if it ever can be lol.

3. IrishSights

Phil, it also helps in answering some questions if you fill in on your profile where abouts in the world you are, if you are OK with that.

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

4. Happyflyer

+100
    It should be required.

5. N017RW

Sure...

rcgroups.com
    helifreak.com
    rcuniverse.com
    minimultirotorforum.com
    droneflyers.com

That should keep you busy for awhile.

6. MadMitch88

You'll actually find a lot more info. about multirotors over at RCGROUPS.COM --- they've been around for many years and have very knowledgable users and tons of FAQs about getting started in the world of quads and hexes, etc.

If you decide to actually buy a Phantom --- then this board would be more appropriate for you.

Most of the threads on this board are specific to the Phantom and other DJI products only.

7. MrDrone27

Welcome! I just joined recently also, this forum is FANTASTIC. Cant tell you how happy I've been with it so far. :mrgreen: