New guy here, where to buy accessories?

Reaction score
I am a new guy to the drone world. I recently bought a P2 and a go pro hero3+ black. I'm in the market for all the goods. I just purchased the btu last night with an additional battery and prop guards, now I'm looking for a complete FPV kit without killing the bank.

I need the Zenmuse gimbal, black pearl, iosd, mount, cloverleaf antennas, immersion 600mw transmitter, Flysight panel antenna and a nice back pack to put it all in.

With that said, that's a 1000$ just to get a camera system running. Where is the best place to purchase all this? Being new to the community I don't know if there is a particular place that works closely with the forum that may be able to give me a good deal. I have a 5% coupon from all e RC but I think I can do better than that this close to the holidays.

I am located in Tennessee by the way.

Advice?

TIA!!!

You don't say what country you're in, let alone what state, but I have been quite satisfied with Dronefly.com

SteveMann said:
You don't say what country you're in, let alone what state, but I have been quite satisfied with Dronefly.com

Haha. Sorry. I am in Tennessee. Added to the original post.

Most gear from DJI and the other manufacturers you mentioned are generally price fixed and there is rarely any price difference from one dealer to the next. That 5% coupon is probably as much difference as you would find price shopping every dealer out there.

What part of TN?

I have purchased from a lot of places but recently found my "go to" retailer for DJI products (and associated brands like GoPro, etc.) They are http://www.uav-outlet.com/ I have been very impressed by their pricing, quality and quantity of stock on hand and customer service. They ship quickly, are ready to help all of the time. Just can't say enough good about UAV-Outlet and I have no connection with them in any way, except being a customer. I also use http://www.bhphotovideo.com/ and like them very much too. :D

OI Photography said:
Most gear from DJI and the other manufacturers you mentioned are generally price fixed and there is rarely any price difference from one dealer to the next. That 5% coupon is probably as much difference as you would find price shopping every dealer out there.

What part of TN?

I have noticed that. I'm in Franklin. 15 mins south of Nashville.

Glad we're getting some more tennessee people on here :D,I got my Boscam fpv setup from banggood.com,great price,but shipping is pretty slow,took mine about 20 days.Whole fpv setup was less than 300$,and I'm very pleased with the range/clarity.
And for a gimbal I went with the tarot 2d.Guess everything I do is on a very strict budget lol
There's a video on my youtube channel if Ya Wana see how it handles in pretty strong wind.

Hspain16 said:
Glad we're getting some more tennessee people on here :D,I got my Boscam fpv setup from banggood.com,great price,but shipping is pretty slow,took mine about 20 days.Whole fpv setup was less than 300$,and I'm very pleased with the range/clarity.
And for a gimbal I went with the tarot 2d.Guess everything I do is on a very strict budget lol
There's a video on my youtube channel if Ya Wana see how it handles in pretty strong wind.

Can you post or link your setup? I'm going to do a lot of research before I purchase.

I was think immersion 600, black pearl, Flysight clover and panel antenna, Zenmuse h3 for my setup.

Edit: and Iosd mini. All that with a nice case to put it in is about 1000$... Any way to get a similar setup with good results? The gimbal is so expensive. I'm really wanting a good setup but I want to be reasonable as well. I might just have to pull the trigger and go for it. But if there's a 10% coupon coming up at some point I'll hold off.

S4boost said:
Hspain16 said:
Setup is in description of viedo(not mine),- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HG7PATkpsrU
RX charger is also needed- http://www.banggood.com/Boscam-RX-LCD58 ... 17321.html
My setup is the exact same minus the ios mini.

What kind of range do you get?
Plenty for for what I need,I'm have a phantm1.5 conversion(using phantom1 remote),so idk how further the p2 will go.the guys video had it about 2000 meters out using a phantom 2 remote.Theres a few others on the forums that run the same setup also.

Hspain16 said:
S4boost said:
Hspain16 said:
Setup is in description of viedo(not mine),- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HG7PATkpsrU
RX charger is also needed- http://www.banggood.com/Boscam-RX-LCD58 ... 17321.html
My setup is the exact same minus the ios mini.

What kind of range do you get?
Plenty for for what I need,I'm have a phantm1.5 conversion(using phantom1 remote),so idk how further the p2 will go.the guys video had it about 2000 meters out using a phantom 2 remote.Theres a few others on the forums that run the same setup also.

Gotcha.

What would be the compelling reason to use the immersion and black pearl over the Boscam setup?

dirkclod said:
S4boost said:
I am a new guy to the drone world. I recently bought a P2 and a go pro hero3+ black. I'm in the market for all the goods. I just purchased the btu last night with an additional battery and prop guards, now I'm looking for a complete FPV kit without killing the bank.

I need the Zenmuse gimbal, black pearl, iosd, mount, cloverleaf antennas, immersion 600mw transmitter, Flysight panel antenna and a nice back pack to put it all in.

With that said, that's a 1000$ just to get a camera system running. Where is the best place to purchase all this? Being new to the community I don't know if there is a particular place that works closely with the forum that may be able to give me a good deal. I have a 5% coupon from all e RC but I think I can do better than that this close to the holidays.

Advice?

TIA!!!

You might check some of these sites too ;) viewforum.php?f=46

Thanks for the link!

No coupons though. Lol.

OI Photography said:

Price fixing is not legal and rarely really happens. Just because most dealers are doing business just fine selling at the suggested retail price doesn't make it price-fixing.

S4boost said:

Advice?

TIA!!!

I've bought through several outlets. When I am buying big money items, I find that BH Photo Video is nice because you don't get hit with sales tax! Most items are evenly priced at most resellers but some never seem to have the items in stock. Good luck.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic