New guy here. Afraid I messed up my first phantom! 1 slow prop.

It's a bad motor. Stop and send it in for new one. This is what they said was wrong with my first one. Sent it back 3 days later had a new one.

It's a bad motor. Stop and send it in for new one. This is what they said was wrong with my first one. Sent it back 3 days later had a new one.

Mine has been flying perfectly fine since this happened. What makes you so sure it is a bad motor. Was yours doing the same thing? How did you get a replacement so quickly?

Calibrating your gimbal or props? Why you calibrate your new phantom 3 out of the box. Don't calibrate your prop inside then you get crashes like this.

Hello! I have learned a great deal from these forums and am excited about my first drone (Phantom 3 pro). I was hoping my first post would be some cool videos but I had a crash and now I am worried I screwed something up. Long story short I was calibrating the gimbal on my basement floor and took off, lost it somehow and it drifted into a wall rear props first and got tangled and fell to the ground. I shut it off asap but the rear props were being prevented from spinning while they were against the wall.

I noticed one prop now spins slightly slower at idle. Or at least I noticed it after the crash. Flight is still perfect. The slower spinning is only at idle speed from what i can tell. No jello in the video at all and it stays perfectly level and it doesnt seem to be corrected itself at all. Below are two videos. The first one is idle speed sitting on the ground. Slo mo video. The first slow mo video GREATLY exaggerates the difference in speed, but it proves it exists. It is barely noticeable in real time. The second video is in a hover from above. Shows no difference in speed that i can tell other than idle.

My question is do you think I should be concerned about this? When I manually turn the motor it feels no different than the other 3 at all. Only at idle i can tell it is just slightly slower. Im just bummed out because I dont want to worry about this thing just dropping out of the air. I use it almost exclusively over salt water.

Thanks so much for any input!

Idle speed (iphone slow mo):
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hovering:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
The esc (speed controllers) burn up very fast if the props get blocked from spinning. Cheap part to replace.

Mine has been flying perfectly fine since this happened. What makes you so sure it is a bad motor. Was yours doing the same thing? How did you get a replacement so quickly?
Actually they said it would take a few weeks. I ordered another one and just asked for a refund on the one that I sent back in...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31