New guy from Newport Beach, CA

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm here because the DJI forum sucks and was told this is the place to be. Anyhow, I just ordered my first drone, a P4. I've been following drones and drone tech since day one, but have continually held off on purchasing for one reason or another. We have used (hired) high end commercial drones here at work and at one point even used a Phantom 2 that we purchased for a few shots. That said, I'm pretty familiar with all of the technology and the industry as a whole as I work as a Producer and Director in the television business with an emphasis on motorsports programming. I actually ordered a Solo but canceled that order in anticipation of the P4 after spending the day with a buddy that was videoing some moto stuff for us on a P3Pro.

Really looking forward to receiving my drone and learning how to fly myself (I got pretty good with an older version of RealFlight sim, so hoping my learning curve is pretty quick). For me, this is all just for fun as we really aren't allowed to use drones in any of our productions at this point because of liability issues.

I actually ordered a Solo but canceled that order in anticipation of the P4
:D Great decision! Welcome to the drone, DJI and Phantom community!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj