New guy from central PA

Reaction score
Hello All,
Tom here, 10 miles outside State College PA, just purchased a P3S. I've been scratch building and flying rc planes and helis for decades, and building my own quad and tricopters for a couple years now. The DJI is soo hands-off stable, it's leagues above what I've previously flown. I'm also active in ham radio and have been experimenting on taking antenna pattern measurements with uav.
Lots of nice info here. Hope to contribute soon.

Take care,
Tom

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi Tom,
Another new guy here. I purchased the P3S two weeks ago. Absolutely love it. I just can not believe the features in all of the Phantom machines. I got it mainly for photography. Just been dinkin around with for a while now. Here is a link to a crude video I shot last weekend. [. I was using a Samsung Note 3 for display, but just yesterday I got the 8" Samsung Tablet A. Both seem to work well but I just could see the Note 3 well enough. What are you using for a display device?

Reactions: KabukiKen
Hi Don,
I'm researching tablets for a few days now. My S7 phone works fine, but I'd like something bigger 7 to 8 " I'm looking at all the sub-$100 ones on Amazon.

Tom

Guys, I am QUITE happy with my Nvidia Shield K1. It is probably ranked pretty high as a great tablet to use with Phantoms.

Well, I'm hoping that the Samsung Tablet will work fine. I connected it last night and flew around my yard for a while. Seem to be fine. I can sure see the screen better now. The only reason I got the Samsung was the cost. Being a Grandpa, my funds are somewhat limited. I went to WalMart to get the Ipad mini 2 for $229.00. I son just ordered one of those. When I got there, I found that they had the Tablets on sale. My 8 inch one was only $169.00. I've got 14 days to take it back if I don't like it. This coming weekend I'm going to fly the Hell out of this thing and make sure it's okay.

Reactions: Gary M
Hello All,
Tom here, 10 miles outside State College PA, just purchased a P3S. I've been scratch building and flying rc planes and helis for decades, and building my own quad and tricopters for a couple years now. The DJI is soo hands-off stable, it's leagues above what I've previously flown. I'm also active in ham radio and have been experimenting on taking antenna pattern measurements with uav.

Take care,
Tom

Have fun Tom , I'm another central Pa. Bird handler .

Well, I'm hoping that the Samsung Tablet will work fine. I connected it last night and flew around my yard for a while. Seem to be fine. I can sure see the screen better now. The only reason I got the Samsung was the cost. Being a Grandpa, my funds are somewhat limited. I went to WalMart to get the Ipad mini 2 for $229.00. I son just ordered one of those. When I got there, I found that they had the Tablets on sale. My 8 inch one was only $169.00. I've got 14 days to take it back if I don't like it. This coming weekend I'm going to fly the Hell out of this thing and make sure it's okay.
Bwaa-haha! Thats how a Grandpa rolls right? I'm not one yet but it's only a matter of time.

I flew for the first time today using my Samsung 8 inch Tablet. No problems at all. I was able to do several touch and go landings by using the video feed only. The drone was over 100 yards away at the time and behind some bushes. Once I got down to 5 feet of altitude, I could not see it without the video. It was a little scary, but I landed manually twice with no problems.

Hello All,

Take care,
Tom
Welcome to the forum Tom .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4