New GPS tracker

Reaction score
The day after Easter, my new FC-40 decided to fly back to China and I haven't seen it since. I had a reward sticker, with my name, address and phone number, but apparently it landed where no ones around. I have since replaced it, and I've been flying it and my old V1.1.1 around in the backyard while waiting for the GPS tracker I should have had before. I got it yesterday and I've gotta say I'm more than happy with my purchase. I bought a Drone-Mods UAV Locator and I've been flying almost constantly since. It came all set up, charged and ready to go and my tests so far have been great...I've tested it several times and it seems to be working within two to three meters and responds to your phone call in less than 20 seconds with a link to the co-ordinates and a simple google map picture. The first years monthly fee of five dollars is included in the initial purchase price and the guy in Michigan who supplies the gear is very responsive and helpful with questions. From what I've read on the forum, a lot of people really have problems getting theirs set up and this one eliminates that heartache....it's ready to go right out of the box. So far, I'll give it two thumbs up!

Nice find !!! :)

-slinger

Here's a couple of pictures.....that's an iphone in a protective case for perspective

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 438
Another similar device that I have found.
www.pocketfinder.net/
The only down side is that it reports on a schedule or on demand but not just on demand like the drone locator.
I am going to contact the company and see if it can be modified for our use.

Agreed that is why I will try to have the company market a unit that is made for UAV use and is only on demand use and doesn't automatically report on a schedule.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20