New Go Pro

A new model is generally release every October, ready in time for Christmas.

I'm more wondering if the design is going to change or not and out date all the current gimbals.

Zeeener said:
A new model is generally release every October, ready in time for Christmas.

I'm more wondering if the design is going to change or not and out date all the current gimbals.

Oh yea you know it will be different you'll have to buy all new mounts and accessories !
They have done it to me ever since the first GoPro Hd nothing compatible with the 2 the 2 nothing compatible with the 3 the 3 and 3+ are the same :eek: . So the 4 you'll need all new everything :cry:

Im not really concerned about that I just want a cheaper 3+:)
Fingers crossed.
If it's generally an October release then i'd say it will be then.
I think you're dead right about new mounts etc. I feel go pro will have to address this as every current mount is compatible with the SJ4000 and thy are losing a certain portion of sales to SJ4000.

750r said:
Oh yea you know it will be different you'll have to buy all new mounts and accessories !
They have done it to me ever since the first GoPro Hd nothing compatible with the 2 the 2 nothing compatible with the 3 the 3 and 3+ are the same :eek: . So the 4 you'll need all new everything :cry:

strange? I have 1's,2's, and 3's.... swap accessories between them all the time, what's not compatible?

Ozzyguy said:
I feel go pro will have to address this as every current mount is compatible with the SJ4000 and thy are losing a certain portion of sales to SJ4000.

How many SJ4000s have been sold in the last year?

How many gopros have been sold in the same time frame?

Waiting on the 4 too. As others have said I really hope it works with the zenmuse gimbals

Yep almost brought another 3+ the other day as it has dropped nearly $100 less than what I paid before xmas when the p2 came out.
But ill wait and see what the gp4 is like and hope its still compatible to go on the p2..

strange? I have 1's,2's, and 3's.... swap accessories between them all the time, what's not compatible?

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I've noticed significant price drops form retailers who haven't budged on the price for around twelve months. Now these retailers are bring their prices down. Some as low as $400 Au for the 3+ black edition. Still I need it to come down to about the $300-$350 mark.

Ozzyguy said:
Yeah I've noticed significant price drops form retailers who haven't budged on the price for around twelve months. Now these retailers are bring their prices down. Some as low as $400 Au for the 3+ black edition. Still I need it to come down to about the $300-$350 mark.

Was $450 @ **** smith sales rep said go pro trying to get rid of shelf stock

Ozzyguy said:
I'm calling it now. I reckon a new go pro will be out for EOFY. I've watched prices steadily fall over the last few months.

The head of the FAA and some ex football player and now sale manager for GoPro stated that the GoPro wasn't going to be designed around drones but just sports. I think maybe GoPro is going to try and distance itself from any liability coming from drone safety.
At that I would like to see a GoPro with a little less of a wide angle and getr rid of the fisheye look. Maybe one with changable lenses.

Joel_t said:
Waiting on the 4 too. As others have said I really hope it works with the zenmuse gimbals

Don't forget, assuming the GoPro 4 follows form with the other releases you will have months of buggy firmware, freezing, incompatability with certain media cards and no doubt a rush to market with certain features yet to be implemented with future firmware releases!

Come to think of it - sounds a lot like DJI :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20