New GO APP update! 2.4.0

If only Isaac Newton had seen that the humble Apple not only discovered gravity but can also control robots in the sky! [emoji106][emoji23]

Updated 3 RC with success... Uau!
P3A now has 10Mbps video link, but not P3P ... :eek:
Why ?

Installed 2.4 on my iPad mini 4. Now I get intermittently NO SIGNAL for about 10-45 seconds. I can still fly and I still see the distances changing. I never, ever, had this before, and I have had my P3P since April. I also upgraded from iOS 9.0 to iOS 9.1 at the same time. So now I have to find out if it is because of iOS 9.1 or because of 2.4. **** DJI!

I predict dji has been reducing the distance performance on each upgrade since 2.60. There is just too many threads being posted about flying 6, 7, and 8+ miles. I have posted a video where I flew 3.5 miles round trip, but that was with using a WindSurfer. So now problems begin showing up per different devices. Some devices are more affected then others. And those experiencing problems have it the worst because any kind of a fix wont be seen until the next upgrade. The output of the R/C needs tested to show any changes that may have been made. If that type of info was to surface, it would surely piss off a great deal of people, and a change back in some fashion. The only other option would be to except the way things are being done with the distance performance, and then look into aftermarket antennas and amps, which is likely what will happen anyhow.

A small vent if you guys don't mind, and then back to normal programming.

I'm really amazed with how many times I have read on this forum that someone has a problem after making more than one significant change at the same time. Its like they are trying to have issues and trying to make it more difficult to troubleshoot those issues.

Tip - Go slowly and methodically and check that one thing works well before adding one or more new variables to the equation.

Typical of what I mean:
I have an issue that I have never had in my life! It's definitely not my fault.

I updated the OS, installed the new app, and upgraded to the new FW. I didn't check any of my fail safe settings before flying since I set them once a couple of months ago so they should be good. Oh and now the 32 channel hack is gone, so I need someone to tell me how to put it back.

I calibrated everything on the hood (bonnet) of my car, so I know that's not the problem.

DJI sucks! Why cant they put out solid software? We're just their beta testers!

Serenity now! Okay I feel better. Thanks for your time.

A small vent if you guys don't mind, and then back to normal programming.

I'm really amazed with how many times I have read on this forum that someone has a problem after making more than one significant change at the same time. Its like they are trying to have issues and trying to make it more difficult to troubleshoot those issues.

Tip - Go slowly and methodically and check that one thing works well before adding one or more new variables to the equation.

Typical of what I mean:

I updated the OS, installed the new app, and upgraded to the new FW. I didn't check any of my fail safe settings before flying since I set them once a couple of months ago so they should be good. Oh and now the 32 channel hack is gone, so I need someone to tell me how to put it back.

I calibrated everything on the hood (bonnet) of my car, so I know that's not the problem.

Serenity now! Okay I feel better. Thanks for your time.

But the tree was not there when I took off.

The lake jumped when I was looking the other way.

The mountain was definitely lower last time.

The building blinded me with the reflections I could not see the camera.

Reactions: Oso

Is this quote a real one?

What's the best way to grill a tenderloin? [emoji3]
The trick I learned is pack each tenderloin in salt for 20-30 min. Rinse off the salt, pat dry, coat in olive oil, lightly salt and pepper each cut of beef, grill to your liking. The salt pack draws out each piece of meat's liquids which have migrated to the center of each piece of meat, so when you grill, each piece's liquid is spread evenly throughout the meat, giving you a more tender piece of beef, and no, it doesn't make it more salty.

Installed 2.4 on my iPad mini 4. Now I get intermittently NO SIGNAL for about 10-45 seconds. I can still fly and I still see the distances changing. I never, ever, had this before, and I have had my P3P since April. I also upgraded from iOS 9.0 to iOS 9.1 at the same time. So now I have to find out if it is because of iOS 9.1 or because of 2.4. **** DJI!
Downgraded DJI Go app from 2.4 to 2.3 and the NO SIGNAL is completely gone (on iOS 9.1 with iPad mini 4). Is this a bug introduced in 2.4 iOS?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav