Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

New gimbal h4-3d isuue!!! Help

Discussion in 'Zenmuse H3-3D/H4-3D GoPro Gimbal' started by tshrira, Feb 9, 2016.

1. tshrira

Hi
    For the first time Today i connected the my new gimbal to power without any camera on it , it is making weird grinding noises i think it may trying to balance? , is that possible will it be balanced and power on without the cam installed or do i must first calibrate it with a go pro??? Will it be balanced without?!
    can i fly without the cam attached , it seems the gimbal is going crazy...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

#1 tshrira, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  2. fly-catchers

You must fit the camera before you power up the gimbal. It is only balanced when the camera is fitted. Running it without a camera could damage it!

3. tshrira

ok so the grinding sounds and tiks sounds is because it can't be balanced right??

4. Qoncussion

You "technically" don't have a problem (or a valid question) until you mount the camera and test it. It *should* misbehave w/o the camera mounted - so your follow up question above has no meaning, in that any problems you're having w/o the camera mounted are like asking why your car won't start w/o any gas in the tank. Mount the camera and see what it does...

#4 Qoncussion, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016