New gear vr and litchi with pass thru usb data

Reaction score
The new samsung gearvr headset has a usbport that has data pass thru, unlike the old gearvr headset which didn.t pass thru data -it only passed thru power

This means in theory with a disabler app to stop occulus launching when connected you could plug a cable from the phantom remote into gearvr and use the good optics offered by gear vr

Has anyone tried this?

UPDATE: It didn't work. I powered on the P3P and RC and then connected my S7 via microUSB to open the Litchi app and connect. Once opened, I switched to goggles mode and unplugged the microUSB and plugged the S7 into the Gear VR and the USB-C to the bottom of the headset and RC and I only received a black screen. I also tried closing all apps and just connecting the S7 to the Gear VR and USB-C to see if it would open Litchi from the home screen and that didn't work either.

UPDATE: It didn't work. I powered on the P3P and RC and then connected my S7 via microUSB to open the Litchi app and connect. Once opened, I switched to goggles mode and unplugged the microUSB and plugged the S7 into the Gear VR and the USB-C to the bottom of the headset and RC and I only received a black screen. I also tried closing all apps and just connecting the S7 to the Gear VR and USB-C to see if it would open Litchi from the home screen and that didn't work either.
Did you disable occulus with package disabler or similar app?

I have the same Issue. S7 in the Newer VR (micro usb) my charge cable with a micro to typeC adaptor that came with the headset connecting my Mavic controller. No connection or charge with Go ap or Litchi. Using package disabler pro. There needs to be a disable function that stops the auto loading oculus but keeps data transfer open in the headset.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj