New from Scotland

Reaction score
Hi all, not new to multirotors but a new P4 owner from Scotland. My first Phantom. The Phantom arrived yesterday, all firmware updated fine and fast via the app over my home WiFi. The RC was a bit more difficult to update but perhaps that was my fault being this is all new to me.

Even though it didn't need it I did an outdoors compass calibration and IMU calibration. The IMU calibration took about 5 minutes. One of the IMU channels was showing a fair bit of orange on the bar but this went away after calibration.

I charged the battery and radio which took about an hour for the battery, and a bit longer before the radio switched off the charger.

Took it to the local country park and if flew great. Did a tap to take off, active track worked fine, flew in in P mode and it was ultra stable, no altitude drops when braking hard, flew it for 23 minutes in total before battery warning so more than happy.

The only problem I noticed, and as this was my first video with a P4 I'm not overly concerned atm, but the video was a bit blurry, especially large areas of very green grass which looked pixellated. I was shooting in the highest 4K res. Photos seem great. Perhaps I was flying too fast, especially when yawing when the camera couldn't seem to keep up, but I know fast yaw speeds can be a problem with video.

Anyway I'm pretty impressed. I just couldn't get this quality footage, this easily with all the instant photo / video control etc from any of my other quads or GoPro type cameras.

J

Hi Jester1964, welcome to the world of phantom drones. I am new also, took delivery of a P3A just over a week ago. Getting out and about as much as I can to practice flying and then hopefully get to use it to support my main hobby of photography. I don't know what the issue is with your image quality but I am sure someone on here will soon point you in the right direction. Which area of Scotland are you from, I am from Shotts area. Hoping to meet up with some user to share experiences and advice. Off to Linlithgow palace for some practice before the world wakes up.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.