New from Ohio

Reaction score
Hey all, how's it going?

I have plenty of hobbies, each one seeming to be exponentially expensive than the previous and I'm looking to add this one to the list. You might be able to guess my favorite one from my username.

Flying has always excited me, seeing things from above, a different view point from the norm. I don't anticipate ever actually flying a plane, I think a drone would suit me just as well.

I am in the Mid-Ohio area and was directed here by one of the local drone pilots pages on Facebook.

Definitely will be perusing the forums and soaking up information as I look to make my first drone purchase.

Look forward to engaging with you all.

-David

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Reactions: GotAmmo
Why fly a plane when you can jump out the back with your gun?
Obama set my ammo stockpiles back 7 years. Was buying an ammo box every 4 weeks, shooting the odd 20 rounds, and storing the rest, till he drove the price up.
You can program the drone to be a 3 axis target hauler. Just don't kill the rabbit.

Hey all, how's it going?

I have plenty of hobbies, each one seeming to be exponentially expensive than the previous and I'm looking to add this one to the list. You might be able to guess my favorite one from my username.

Flying has always excited me, seeing things from above, a different view point from the norm. I don't anticipate ever actually flying a plane, I think a drone would suit me just as well.

I am in the Mid-Ohio area and was directed here by one of the local drone pilots pages on Facebook.

Definitely will be perusing the forums and soaking up information as I look to make my first drone purchase.

Look forward to engaging with you all.

-David

Welcome aboard GotAmmo, same deal here love to see thing from a different angle, started out with RC planes , then RC helicopters, but the drone, in my opinion spoiled me :) Being new to drones and being able to see things from above really did it for me. Don'r think i'll go back to planes and forget the heli, not worth it for me.

Why fly a plane when you can jump out the back with your gun?
Obama set my ammo stockpiles back 7 years. Was buying an ammo box every 4 weeks, shooting the odd 20 rounds, and storing the rest, till he drove the price up.
You can program the drone to be a 3 axis target hauler. Just don't kill the rabbit.

And that is why I reload, even with component prices higher than ever I can usually reload for about 1/2 price. Although sometimes the local shop will run door busters on 9mm and I just buy the factory stuff.

Target hauler...,oh boy that could be dangerous.

Welcome to the forum David .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

And that is why I reload, even with component prices higher than ever I can usually reload for about 1/2 price. Although sometimes the local shop will run door busters on 9mm and I just buy the factory stuff.

Target hauler...,oh boy that could be dangerous.

I'm still working on idea to eliminate the primers, my breach design can handle misfires since I don't need the gas to extract it. I have to load as my newest gun is a one of a kind .475 mag. to get the shtf 6000 rpm I had to redesign the cartridge since every feeding method to get ammo into gun was blocked by batf. Could make a fortune except first sale and the feds would be banning my novel idea, found it in the patent office of all places, so they can't claim it is illegal till they make it so. But even at 600 a minute it eats up ammo. I thought my 2 tons of lead was ok, this thing will eat that up in less than 30 minutes. But I bet 300 lbs of hot lead center mass will ruin any body armored goons day.
I would LOVE some depleted uranium for bullets though. a 500 grain AP round would be fantastic.

Drone is going to make a nice targeting observation platform, gps map the property line, and it can fly out and check when sensors are triggered. FLIR is getting cheaper all the time, by christmas it should be cheaper than the drone. suicidal racing drones will make good attack helicopter defense platform.
Learning how to make the motors now. Phantom for me is a test platform to see what they can do, and to see where I need to improve for my needs.
It all started becasue I wanted a holster for my new gun, and no one made it. Metal was the only option, even carbon fiber didn't stand up. Once I made the machines to make the holster, hey I can make the gun as well, and hey, I can make the loaders, and ........
Best learning tool I ever got was a simple statement and question. They did this in the 19th century, they can't be smarter than me. how did they do it?

Will be a real bummer if Trump settles the wifes nerves. She would never let me go this far without obamas lawlessness, and riots.
I am surprised the government doesn't see the design flaw in their drone gun. anyone wanting to use a drone for nefarious purposes can easily defeat it.

But it IS fun to fly when it isn't on a RTH kamikaze run. I like setting distance locks, then fly out to them and fly an arc to mark ranges for sensor locations. Then watch the video to see best spots to plant them. Much easier than trampling around in the trees.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie