New French Drone laws

Reaction score
Hello, anyone here who can explain the new French drone laws to a Brit struggling to learn the language? As of today, January 6 2016, a whole range of new rules came into effect. Trying to read the official documents via Google translate is painful in the extreme. I am trying to find out if France has accepted the recommendations of the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) regarding an ‘Open’ category allowing for simplified commercial operation, specifically being able to earn money from a drone for small-scale operations rather than having to be fully certificated. Failing that, any good French drone links would be appreciated. Many thanks.

You should read that, in French but easier to read and understand than 80 pages of law.
escadrone_voeux_2016_1200x7804.png

Reactions: kenrobinson
Thanks that's a big help. I'm particularly interested to know what 'qualifications' one needs to fly commercial on a small scale.
Best.

Could I fly my P3A in France at the moment or do I need a permition.Im there as a turist and I do not use the drone for comercial use.Many thanks for any advice.

Could I fly my P3A in France at the moment or do I need a permition.Im there as a turist and I do not use the drone for comercial use.Many thanks for any advice.
Yes, you can fly a drone without a permit so long as it is not commercial. Just observe the rules above.
Good luck and have fun.

There are also new regulations coming mid 2018 that everyone should be aware of !
As you can see here in French from July 2018 every recreational drone pilot owning a drone over 800g will have to go through an online registration and a quick online training. Most of the drone manufacturers will have to adapt to the new regulations and add LED and alarm systems to their birds in case of emergency. For professional use every uav will have to be registered as well. Hope it helps

As a matter of fact, drones over 800 g. have to be registred and the owner of such a drone has to pass an online exam.An European regulation is expected for july 2020.

As a matter of fact, drones over 800 g. have to be registred and the owner of such a drone has to pass an online exam.An European regulation is expected for july 2020.

Welcome to the forum.

This particular thread is over 4 1/2 years old so lots of things have changed in that time frame.

Allen

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic