New frame for P3

Reaction score
Hi all, fairly new to P3 and new to threads...

I was wondering has anyone tried taking apart thier P3 and putting the guts on a bigger frame? Maybe adding stronger motors to lift a higher payload? I was thinking about doing this in order to attach dual batteries and equip it with an infrared camera. Any suggestions or inputs?

Thanks!

Why buy a P3 only to change it. Why not scratch build something that fits your needs or find something else that will. I would not but a new Corvette and try to make it into a SUV

Hmm well for me personally I don't know how to build one nor have much time to build one, busy with work and what not. The P3 has great features built into it and has great potential but it lacks in payload and battery life is good but not great. Would it be possible to add the hardware to a bigger frame to increase the payload? I wonder if anyone has tried it.

Haven't heard of it yet.
If you pursue please share with us.

Esc are on board.. this would not be a wise project.

I'm pretty sure you can buy a kit and build something from scratch that would fit your needs. For the general population, carrying the camera is all we really need.
...of course the Mythbuster guys did try to put a blade on an Inspire and cut a tree branch with their unit.

Thanks for your responses, I will look into it and let you know if I pursue this!

Why buy a P3 only to change it. Why not scratch build something that fits your needs or find something else that will. I would not but a new Corvette and try to make it into a SUV
I mean, I get where your coming from... but... there is a whole lotta features packed into the P3 that would cost a lot separately. I can't say how you would take it a part or only use a certain amount of the pieces but I do know that DJI Lightbridge is a $1,000 already. I don't know how to just take out the lightbridge but that in itself makes the rest of the stuff free.

I mean, I get where your coming from... but... there is a whole lotta features packed into the P3 that would cost a lot separately. I can't say how you would take it a part or only use a certain amount of the pieces but I do know that DJI Lightbridge is a $1,000 already. I don't know how to just take out the lightbridge but that in itself makes the rest of the stuff free.
First, forget about any warranty if you modify it. The OP wants to make a larger unit with bigger motors and carry more weight. The EACs on the P3 board may not be able to handle larger motors and on and on. I

Ok here's my deal this seems like the perfect thread .
I have 2 P3S quads .
One has been hit pretty hard and I got just a replacement quad and put on my camera and gimbal and it's a perfect flier I use for video .
The second P3S is parted out as the body is destroyed . I do not want to spend $60 on another white plastic body as I dislike the quality of the plastic .
I want to rebuild this P3S onto an aftermarket frame maybe a 450.
Is there a frame out there that will accept the P3S board and motors ? I might add a gimbal later if I can find one second hand cheap enough but for now I just want to rebuild the P3S on a DIY frame .
What frames will work for this .?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20