New Forum Look

K

Khudson7

I am surprised I have not seen anyone comment on the new forum look. It is quite a change. I am still trying to figure out the little icon on the left of each message that looks like a circle with very small text in it. Some times the texts is scrolling sometime not. Can someone explain that? Anyway it will take a little getting use to but overall I think it is for the better. Opinions?

I use tapatalk nearly all the time so I rarely see the site lol

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

Looks the same to me, who cares how a forum looks, as long as the search functions and it's easy to navigate, looks don't really matter.

This is weird...Is this what the forum page looks like to you? This is totally different layout that I had been seeing before this weekend.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-05-06 09.35.45.png
    Screenshot 2014-05-06 09.35.45.png
    231.1 KB · Views: 408
Nope, mine doesn't look like that. I still have the old header and the people details are still on the left not on the right like in your screenshot, weird. What are you accessing the forum on?

Wow, not sure what is happening, but I am getting this new look throughout the entire website. As though they may be trying something new and only releasing it to certain parts of the world or something. I am accessing it simply by going to website www.phantompilots.com. Using a mac but that should not make a difference. I am seeing a totally different design on the index pages as well.

That's really weird, I just clicked on the link you put on and I am still getting the same old forum using my iPad mini. Must be the MAC causing it? Maybe you changed a setting that's done this?

Madwak said:
That's really weird, I just clicked on the link you put on and I am still getting the same old forum using my iPad mini. Must be the MAC causing it? Maybe you changed a setting that's done this?
Actually try this and see if you get new or old....

"http://www.phantompilots.com/viewforum.php?f=4"

Thanks,

P.S. attached is another look at index page I am getting.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-05-06 09.59.48.png
    Screenshot 2014-05-06 09.59.48.png
    291.3 KB · Views: 392
Sorry others do not seem to be able to access this new and improved website.

I am still finding new things that have been added to it to improve it.

For instance,
1.Now when I roll over a topic, a small popup window tells me if I have "Unread post" within that topic or not.
2. The search is greatly improved and dead on, at least for the ones I just tried.
3. There still is this little circle icon to the left of each topic that I have not fully figured out yet, but I do see that it is red on most topics but us blue with a star on a topic that I started. On some topics, it is scrolling, not sure what that means. And on one topic I saw it blue with an arrow, not sure what that means.
4. Overall it appears to me to be much more user friendly.
5. I am still discovering other small nuances that have been added.

I am seeing PHPBB Creating communities in the header, so I am guessing that they are changing the forum software they were using . I know (from my previous life in software) it can sometimes take a while to push out the new links on the internet to all the sub net links across the internet. Perhaps that is why some are still see the old and others like me, seeing the new already. But I am just guessing here, heck I am retired so maybe I am just imagining this whole thing. :roll: (**** alzheimers can really sneak up on ya)

All I get on that link is safari cannot open page because it is a local file, I still think it might be a setting on your computer as nobody else has mentioned it yet?

You can change the theme of the forum in the user control panel. It affects how it looks to you (but not everyone else). What you are seeing now is packaged phpBB theme--not sure how you changed it without knowing?

Yes I've just discovered that. I've just changed through all the 3 options and modestus is the one I usually use.

ElGuano said:
You can change the theme of the forum in the user control panel. It affects how it looks to you (but not everyone else). What you are seeing now is packaged phpBB theme--not sure how you changed it without knowing?

WOW, now that is embarrassing. Yes, I now realize I was in the control panel within this site this weekend to change some other things, and I guess I started playing around with the style drop box. I must have changed it from modestus to prosilver.

I just now changed it back and all is back to the way I am used to...

So....NEVERMIND :oops:

No worries! I actually use prosilver because modestus doesn't show read status on IMs. I can see my inbox has (x) unread messages but no idea which ones they are.

Khudson7 said:
ElGuano said:

WOW, now that is embarrassing. Yes, I now realize I was in the control panel within this site this weekend to change some other things, and I guess I started playing around with the style drop box. I must have changed it from modestus to prosilver.

I just now changed it back and all is back to the way I am used to...

So....NEVERMIND :oops:

Easily done when you are near "retirement" age, been there done that got the T shirt now if I could just remember where I have put it :(

I guess some of us are not in the "Circle of Trust". :lol:

quasar is the mode with the most options. (it has some preset color themes you can change on the fly)

I would probably use it if it didnt make the board so narrow

dragonash said:
I would probably use it if it didnt make the board so narrow

Ditto, I was trying the different options the other day and the only thing keeping me away from quasar was the fact that it seemed to be made for 320x200 screens.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20