New Flytrex Goodies

Why couldn't it just be an arrow ffs lol

Nope.. and trust me.. i've been asking for a tracking number for 4 days now... I even paid the extra for expedited shipping...

Expedited shipping just means you'll get it before people who didn't pay extra once they start fulfilling orders as the batches arrive to them from the factory...

This from their Facepalm page on 13th: "The first batch of Flytrex Live systems will be out by the end of this week. We might need another two weeks for the following batch (it seems the first batch will end today.. but we're working around the clock to get the next one ready).

The Live is available both from our side and through our dealers. First shipment to our dealers will go out in the next ~2-3 days as well, so they should have first stock very soon. You can find the Live dealers list here:http://www.flytrex.com/dealers/flytrex-live/ "

Does anyone know from were they are shopping ?
I live in the EU. If it comes from outside the EU then i have to take care of cutoms.

My first thought when I found out its wired in to work off the battery of the phantom. was well what if you have a power failure like my fc40 did a few weeks ago when one of the wires that had bad solder joint came off the board while it was 1/2 mile away and 812 feet up. way out in the coutry and on the other side of a big river and some hills. I did luck out and find it. But the flytrax date showed the exact spot it was last at when it was recording before the power cut off. Which was right at 812 feet up in the air.
and being it fell like a rock straight down if I had the flytrax live even if the last know place was 812 feet up over the tiny grass field it happened to come down in. Being it sends out its location 4 times a second. It would of still been able to of been found by the last known location. instead of just going by shear luck. which is all I had. I almost didnt even want to bother thinking there was much hope of finding it being it went down in an area with only 2 roads a mile apart and not really knowing how far away it even really was when It went down. Then the next day a person that was there at camp when it went down wanted to just for the hell of it give it a shot just so we could say we atleast tried to find it. and we happened to try going down one of the roads and turned off an access road that came to gate and we we gong to turn around and try a different area. But she wanted to try walking down past the gate just to see if we could even find a good vantage point to scan the area with my binoculars if there was any clearings or a good high spot further down past the gate cause it looked like there was a clearing were it was not all wooded. at this point I was starting to think she was looking for a good excuse to go out and maybe get some thing else. if you catch my drift. ;-) While her husband and my old lady were all back at camp not expecting us to be back any time soon and wern't expecting us to find it. Then she says well you never know maybe you'll get lucky. lol thats when my mind went in to the gutter. and I said ok sure sounds good. Then we got just past the gate and there it was just laying there in the clearing. I guess she was right and i did get lucky. But I cant count on ever getting that lucky next time. it was a million in one shot.

I received an email from Rebecca today saying a shipment is going out today, and another shipment in the next days.

I was expecting to receive my FLT this past weds. I had the top cover off waiting to install. Like others, I selected Rush 4 day Shipping. Had I known it wasn't being shipped at the time of purchase, I would not have had my quad down the extra days. It was the Ole Man Simon Newton "Pull_Up" that had me pumped up about this product. He being a beta tester gave this device the double thumbs up. Since I subscribe to OleMan Simon's kickass youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1-HUe ... rVhiOEtGjQ. I got teased after seeing the FLT first hand on his most recent video. And of coarse this makes you want the FLT that much sooner :). Coming from someone that has had 2 fly-aways, I can't think of anyone that is in more need of a FLT then me. lol

Ok so my new expected target date now is Thursday 24th.

*EDIT
Hi Frank,
Great news - your new Flytrex order is on its way!
Your new Flytrex order has been carefully packed and shipped to you earlier today. The package was shipped via EMS Express and is expected to arrive within 4 business days. Track your shipment here. It might take up to 24 hours for the tracking number to become active.

Your shipment includes:
1 Flytrex Live
1 Flytrex Live Cable for DJI
1 Flytrex Live - Upgrade Discount

Well there ys have it. Security is on it's way!

Dirty Bird said:
Three weeks in...still no shipping confirmation. Becoming annoyed.... :twisted:

That's kind of weird. Their customer service is quite good as compared to others. Have you tried emailing them? I got my confirmation within 6 hours and shipped within 24 hours from the time I ordered. As for the delivery, Israel to Singapore took around 2 weeks! That's kind of long but I'm loving the flytrex core II. I kind of regretted not getting the live version but oh well the telemetry on Dashware was fun to play with!

No shipping confirm for me either. I ordered the Live the day it came out. Emailed them 3 times now.

rotorpixel took over their customer service and shipping departments. you guys didnt get the memo?

anchorkee said:
That's kind of weird. Their customer service is quite good as compared to others. Have you tried emailing them? I got my confirmation within 6 hours and shipped within 24 hours from the time I ordered. As for the delivery, Israel to Singapore took around 2 weeks! That's kind of long but I'm loving the flytrex core II. I kind of regretted not getting the live version but oh well the telemetry on Dashware was fun to play with!

Ok you ordered the Core 2. I had no problems at all when I ordered the Core 2, but this is for the Live which still seems to be in short supply. I emailed them this past Monday and got the same spiel they've been laying for the previous two weeks: "Shipping by the end of the week.: Here we are at the end of ANOTHER week and still not shipped.

Received my "Live" last thursday. Picked up a T-mobile pre paid-micro sim from local BB. Had a bit of a hard time soldering module to main board as the battery soldering points are not visible on the +.
Soldered the cables to one of the back wing motor V and G points. Had trouble locating IMEI number for T-Mobile, but eventually found it on my account on FLytrex(though I dont think it was there at first!). If it doesnt show on your flytrex account-tell tmobile to activate your sim using activation code and your cc only and to use generic IMEI. Tell them what Data plan you want. You will need to wait til T-mobile allows you to add $$ to your account(2 hrs). Then go outside and first the phantom up. It connects for the first time within 30 seconds with different color flashing lights
Good Luck!

ToThePoint said:
Sorry guys i will pass on this mod.
Seems the country where these guys are ( flytrex ) is engaged in some actions i don't quiet agree with.

But you fly a Phantom designed and made in a country with a dubious civil rights record and no democracy, and probably own a pair of trainers or other clothing made in a developing country with little to no labour laws and little to no regard to health and safety (recent factory collapse, for example) possibly even using child labour... Not saying you agree with those, just pointing out that bringing politics into consumerism is never clear cut.

If this thing used some sort of common cellular I would be all over it. But around here T-Mobile isn't going to cut it.

That and what I want/need should be able to be provided by DJI in a firmware update.

If they can overlay the data on the FPV they should be able to overlay in on the video on SD card.

Even if they offered a special version of software for $$ I would do it.

rrmccabe said:
If this thing used some sort of common cellular I would be all over it. But around here T-Mobile isn't going to cut it.

That and what I want/need should be able to be provided by DJI in a firmware update.

If they can overlay the data on the FPV they should be able to overlay in on the video on SD card.

Even if they offered a special version of software for $$ I would do it.
T-Mobile is the one confirmed to work at launch. Other cell services probably will (the tech is designed to be universal) but Flytrex couldn't test them all so went with a "this one is guaranteed and here's the package and how to activate it" thing. I tested a few sims for them in the UK and they all worked eventually, it's just that the one service listed for the UK worked out of the box without additional activations and in our pay as you go market it is one of the few where top up credit doesn't expire. As users with multiple services available in their area try them then they will update the list of "known good" carriers.

Of course the big win over just the data logging is the tracking that works wherever your aircraft has got to, independent of the app or the range if the aircraft. But as you say that relies on having cell coverage - much easier in more "compact" countries like the UK, I know!

Hi guys! :)

I wanted to post some quick update about our Flytrex Live shipping progress for those who are still waiting for their shipment to go out. I'm sorry for the slight delay replying here -- we've been working around the clock on lots of new things and have been running slightly behind the discussion.

Following the new Live release we got much more orders than we initially expected. Our team is working around the clock to have all pending orders shipped as quickly as possible to all users. This week we'll ship the last batch from our current stock with new stock arriving this week as well, so shipments should continue without any further delay.

A bit about why things are taking us longer with the Live - unlike the Core, flushing the latest firmware and registering each Live system takes us a while and this is one of the main reasons why Live shipments are going out slower than those of the Core. Our team is working around the clock to fulfill all pending orders as quickly as possible. This week we should be done deployment of a new system that will allow us to automate the Live system initial-flushing process and thus speed up shipments dramatically. We expect to finish catching up with all pending orders within a week from now or so.

Again, we're very sorry for this delay and doing our best to push things forward as quickly as possible. :)

Regarding the short political discussion - Personally I believe the situation is really complex and feel that the media isn't always doing us justice. Really hoping things will relax soon and both sides will find the way to live together peacefully.

I'll be glad to try and help with any other Flytrex related question. :)

Received an email from Flytrex today... Here is an excerpt:

"I hope that the shipment will be out this week and you will receive it quickly. Please accept my apologies and thank you for your patience and understanding."

So can't wait to test this! Today my Flytrex Core 2 saved my butt! I hiked an hour to a nice spot to fly and forgot my **** micro card. Borrowed the one from the Flytrex, worked perfectly. Got home, downloaded the mission data off the Flytrex chip to the same card. Sweet! Flytrex you rock! and yes Flytrex, you can quote me on that... lol

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic