NEW Flytrex Core 2.0

Geert said:
BManCan said:
Flytrex has released a version 2 of its GPS data logger.
Check it out at http://www.flytrex.com/support/flytrex-core-2/manual/

Smaller, lighter, and some new features.

I ordered the Flytrex last week and just received my version 1 in the mail today :oops:
I had no idea that version 2 was in the works until I checked the website for install instructions today.

It looks smaller and lighter indeed.
What are the new features ?

Geert.

The Flytrex 2 has some built-in memory which can hold around 8 hours of flight data and it is also much smaller and lighter.
Details here:
http://www.flytrex.com/blog/meet-flytre ... r-smarter/

Not just smaller and lighter but the cable connector is also smaller which should make installation much easier

Quote: New Connector Design – Now using a smaller connector, Phantom owners can route the Flytrex installation cable through the built-in Phantom wiring holes, without having to drill the Phantom Shell.

@bmancan - that is a real drag, Flytrex should have told you there was a new model out (imo) so if it was me I would try to send it back for an exchange

Okay... I wasn't going to weigh in here, but my OCD won't let me not... :roll:

Smaller and lighter and built in memory and smaller cable all sound like excellent, very positive changes... and to some people they may well be. (And I'm not even going to imply that I won't eventually wind up with one of these, so that's not what this post is all about... )

1) Smaller and lighter...

The original FlyTrex isn't exactly obese. And I think that the larger surface area allows you to use more velcro, or whatever it is you're sticking it on with... The new one is SO small, that you're not going to be able to apply more than just a dab of whatever...

2) Built in memory...

I like the fact that I can just pop out the micro SD and stick it into my computer. Just takes a second and no cables required. Since the new one can utilize both/either, I'd always use the SD...

3) Smaller cable...

The existing cable is fairly small to begin with. If you have to pop a hole in the shell... It really doesn't matter to me if it's 1/4 inch wide or 1/8 inch wide...

This is just IMHO and I may possibly be totally full of shite... :D

:D :D :D :D

gunslinger said:
3) Smaller cable...

The existing cable is fairly small to begin with. If you have to pop a hole in the shell... It really doesn't matter to me if it's 1/4 inch wide or 1/8 inch wide...

This is just IMHO and I may possibly be totally full of shite... :D

:D :D :D :D

They state that you can run the cable through the normal Phantom leg holes. No need to cut new holes. Looks like the small connector that you can just twist and (forcibly) push through the leg hole.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20