Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

New Flyer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rustysocket, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Rustysocket

I would like to purchase a phantom. I already have a hero silver. What is the least expensive way to get into one and where should I purchase it?

2. grim168

I'm in the same boat. I have a sony action camera as30v and will probably just buy the phantom 1 without a gimbal. I can see this getting expensive though.

3. Rustysocket

One thing I want to be able to do for certain is enter waypoints and fly a defined route.

4. UrAwFuL

Since you have a GoPro, I would get the Phantom 2 with H3-3D gimbal. There's a lot of reputable places out there like Daves Motors or even eBay.

I personally would've gotten it from a reputable seller from eBay (max $959) because they have a cash back program (like 3% back each quarter I think) which does adds up if you buy from eBay often. So theoretically that's the least expensive route.

If you're after really good customer service though, I really recommend Daves Motors. :lol:

5. Rustysocket

Thanks for the suggestion. I had not considered ebay. Im now tossing around the idea of assembling a flamewheel instead of a phantom. I have considerable cp experience and would likely enjoy the building experience.

Any opinions in the Taranis open tx radios?

6. Rustysocket

Also, what is the difference between a phantom 2 vision and the non vision.

Any comprehensive FAQ I should read?

7. OI Photography

Regular P2 uses 2.4GHz for control channel, and doesn't come with camera or gimbal unless you buy it as a kit. P2V/P2V+ use 5.8GHz for control channel and 2.4GHz wifi for FPV, and always come with proprietary camera and gimbal.

I give the Taranis 3 thumbs up, it's an excellent budget-minded option with all the control capabilities of the more expensive brands. I use one with my Phantom and my custom hex.

8. Rustysocket

Thanks for the link. Any concerns buying one of their used birds?

9. Rustysocket

How do I get fpv with my go pro?