New flier

Reaction score
Not even sure how I got interested in quad copters. But ordered a P3 Advance bundle kit. Quick release prob guards and a gimbal saver. Also three batteries. Took it for a maiden voyage in the backyard in beginners mode. Everything was fine and worked as it should. Heavy rain yesterday so I'll find a field today and practice. Thanks in advance if I ask questions

Not even sure how I got interested in quad copters. But ordered a P3 Advance bundle kit. Quick release prop guards and a gimbal saver. Also three batteries. Took it for a maiden voyage in the backyard in beginners mode. Everything was fine and worked as it should. Heavy rain yesterday so I'll find a field today and practice. Thanks in advance if I ask questions

M
Not even sure how I got interested in quad copters. But ordered a P3 Advance bundle kit. Quick release prob guards and a gimbal saver. Also three batteries. Took it for a maiden voyage in the backyard in beginners mode. Everything was fine and worked as it should. Heavy rain yesterday so I'll find a field today and practice. Thanks in advance if I ask questions

Just read and understand the manual and you can check out YouTube videos on flying the Phantom and keep in mind the following if younarenin the US:

Model aircraft operations are for hobby or recreational purposes only.

The FAA has partnered with several industry associations to promote Know Before You Fly, a campaign to educate the public about using unmanned aircraft safely and responsibly. Individuals flying for hobby or recreation are strongly encouraged to follow safety guidelines, which include:

• Fly below 400 feet and remain clear of surrounding obstacles
  • Keep the aircraft within visual line of sight at all times
  • Remain well clear of and do not interfere with manned aircraft operations
  • Don't fly within 5 miles of an airport unless you contact the airport and control tower before flying
  • Don't fly near people or stadiums
  • Don't fly an aircraft that weighs more than 55 lbs
  • Don't be careless or reckless with your unmanned aircraft – you could be fined for endangering people or other aircraft
The statutory parameters of a model aircraft operation are outlined in Section 336 of Public Law 112-95 (the FAA Modernization and Reform Act of 2012) (PDF). Individuals who fly within the scope of these parameters do not require permission to operate their UAS; any flight outside these parameters (including any non-hobby, non-recreational operation) requires FAA authorization. For example, using a UAS to take photos for your personal use is recreational; using the same device to take photographs or videos for compensation or sale to another individual would be considered a non-recreational operation.

Happy flying!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20