New Flier Here

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I purchased a not knowing POS $150 drone from Marshals for myself for Christmas. I crashed it right away then I thought maybe I should read the directions on how to fly it. After reading the directions I got pretty good at it real fast and now I'm hooked. Im looking to buy a much better one. Im looking at the DJI Phantom 3 Pro but not sure yet. Ive also been looking at a FPV Racing Drone. Im leaning more towards the DJI. I know they are completely different types but I like both hobbies. If anyone has any input please let me know and I hope to meet some of you in the near future. Happy Flying.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome DTSGUY,
The Phantom 3 Pro is a very good option but with P4 prices dropping may keep an eye on one of those. Can't go wrong with either.
As cool as the Phantoms are, they will not be a stepping stone to a Race Drone. Like you stated, completely different.
The more I fly my P4 the more I suck with my Race Drone...lol
Actually flying a cheap drone or a racing drone makes you a much better Phantom flyer.. Hope that made sense... It's late :)

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Reactions: DTSGUY
Welcome to the forum DTSGUY .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Welcome DTSGUY,
The Phantom 3 Pro is a very good option but with P4 prices dropping may keep an eye on one of those. Can't go wrong with either.
As cool as the Phantoms are, they will not be a stepping stone to a Race Drone. Like you stated, completely different.
The more I fly my P4 the more I suck with my Race Drone...lol
Actually flying a cheap drone or a racing drone makes you a much better Phantom flyer.. Hope that made sense... It's late :)

Yes it makes sense, Thank you for the input.

Welcome to the forum DTSGUY .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Thanks, Im looking to buy a used P3Pro. Which ever one I buy I'm gonna check it out real good and Ill only buy it if its in like new condition. Ive found a few here in my local Craigs List. Im hoping to have one maybe today or by the end of the weekend. They're going for around $650 or so with an extra battery and a case. Anything I should look out for?

Thanks, Im looking to buy a used P3Pro. Which ever one I buy I'm gonna check it out real good and Ill only buy it if its in like new condition. Ive found a few here in my local Craigs List. Im hoping to have one maybe today or by the end of the weekend. They're going for around $650 or so with an extra battery and a case. Anything I should look out for?

TYPING IN ALL BOLD TEXT IS SIMILAR TO TYPING IN ALL CAPS. BOTH SHOULD BE RESERVED FOR USE IN ADDING EMPHASIS TO SPECIFIC WORDS OR PORTIONS OF A MESSAGE. THEY SHOULD NOT BE USED ON ENTIRE MESSAGES. IT COMES ACROSS AS SHOUTING AND MANY PEOPLE FIND IT RUDE.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: portonalga
TYPING IN ALL BOLD TEXT IS SIMILAR TO TYPING IN ALL CAPS. BOTH SHOULD BE RESERVED FOR USE IN ADDING EMPHASIS TO SPECIFIC WORDS OR PORTIONS OF A MESSAGE. THEY SHOULD NOT BE USED ON ENTIRE MESSAGES. IT COMES ACROSS AS SHOUTING AND MANY PEOPLE FIND IT RUDE.

I completely understand what you're saying if I was typing in all CAPS but I've always typed in all bold letters. I even do it in all my emails and everything. Ive never had anyone tell me it was rude but thank you.

I completely understand what you're saying if I was typing in all CAPS but I've always typed in all bold letters. I even do it in all my emails and everything. Ive never had anyone tell me it was rude but thank you.

Email Etiquette Part 3 - Caps Lock, Bold and Other Email Don’ts
Email Etiquette Part 3 - Caps Lock, Bold and Other Email Don’ts | Optimum HRIS

And from another site:
The second rule is to use bold and italic as little as possible. They are tools for emphasis. But if everything is emphasized, then nothing is emphasized. Also, because bold and italic styles are designed to contrast with regular roman text, they're somewhat harder to read.

I see why you're saying but I'm not doing it to be rude. Ive done it for over 15 years Im not gonna stop doing it now. Im not trying to be a jerk its just they way I type. Ive never had an issue with it. Thank you for the info.

That's fine. I reported your posts. If it's not a forum rule to not use all BOLD - it should be. I tried to help you out and educate you - but you obviously don't care about playing nice and typing like a normal person - so I'll let the mods handle it.

That's fine. I reported your posts. If it's not a forum rule to not use all BOLD - it should be. I tried to help you out and educate you - but you obviously don't care about playing nice and typing like a normal person - so I'll let the mods handle it.

Okay thank you. If the Mods have a problem with it I'm sure they will let me know and Ill stop. Ive stated above that I wasn't doing it to be a jerk and no one else has a problem with it other than you. If anyone else reading this has a problem with it please let me know. If many people respond saying I should stop then I will. Thank you again.

Wow

Okay thank you. If the Mods have a problem with it I'm sure they will let me know and Ill stop. Ive stated above that I wasn't doing it to be a jerk and no one else has a problem with it other than you. If anyone else reading this has a problem with it please let me know. If many people respond saying I should stop then I will. Thank you again.
I find what he is saying ridiculous. Type on brutha!

I find what he is saying ridiculous. Type on brutha!

Well, that's just it. It may not be everyone - but it's definitely not just me. That's why I provided a couple of links to back up my statements. There are dozens more that can be searched up easily if anyone thinks my opinion is unique and unfounded.

Bold is used to emphasize things. If you use it for everything, you have no tool for emphasizing important parts of a message. And when everybody else types normally - typing in all bold screams out "my message is more important than yours" and (intentional or not) conveys arrogance.

Maybe I'll type all my future messages in All Italics - and someone else can underline every word in their messages. Someone else can use Bold AND Italics. Pretty soon this place will be as ugly and difficult to read as a teenage girls MySpace page!

So, if the mods don't think it's a problem - that's fine. That's one of the reasons why we as individuals have the "block/ignore" button available to us - and messages in all bold or all caps bug me enough that I'll use it if he isn't asked to stop. I guarantee that it annoys some others too - even if they don't feel strongly enough to post about it.

Etiquette rules exist for a reason. Not sure why we're only forced to follow some of them and why some people think they don't apply to themselves.

As somebody who joined the forum just now, this was very disappointing to read - hardly the welcome I'm sure you were expecting DTSGUY.

I've just ordered my Phantom 3 Standard. Very new to this, I was bought a cheap Hubsan for Christmas but knew instantly that I had the bug - hence this purchase.

Very much looking forward to reading some more from the positive members of the forum - I've heard good things [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

As somebody who joined the forum just now, this was very disappointing to read - hardly the welcome I'm sure you were expecting DTSGUY.

I've just ordered my Phantom 3 Standard. Very new to this, I was bought a cheap Hubsan for Christmas but knew instantly that I had the bug - hence this purchase.

Very much looking forward to reading some more from the positive members of the forum - I've heard good things [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Welcome, and I'm a fairly new member as well. Most in here are very knowledgeable and very helpful. Somebody has obviously had a bad day. Hope you don't think I'm yelling at you...lol
You will find all kinds of good help here. Happy flying and happy New Year!

Welcome, and I'm a fairly new member as well. Most in here are very knowledgeable and very helpful. Somebody has obviously had a bad day. Hope you don't think I'm yelling at you...lol
You will find all kinds of good help here. Happy flying and happy New Year!

Here is a link to the rules for PhantomPilots.com and for those of you that don't want to follow the link and read all the rules - the specific item that I'm complaining about is covered in them (excerpt below) under the section "Posting Standards". It might do several of you some good to review them.

Community Guidelines

45208e836cf17a26794a6aa3f2888780.jpg

"Forum members should use the standard fonts available on the forum. The use of bold, large or colored fonts should be used sparingly. Posts containing inappropriate formatting will be removed or modified at our discretion (e.g. all caps or excessive color)."

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic