New firmware

Reaction score
I uploaded new firmware today and my p3s wouldn't fly right. Any one else having issues with it.

Both attempts to fly in gps mode with 11 satalite showing, my p3s took off fast in one direction and then again in another direction. Throttling down took what seemed forever. Is the firmware on the SD card located in the camera, or someplace inside the drone itself?

I just flew mine. It was ok. But.. It has to be restarted again once I got to field to fly. I had already re started it after firmware update. It was doing EXACTLY what you said. Good to poor.

Sent from my SM-G935V using PhantomPilots mobile app

My first 2 flights after the FW update it did good, better than before. After the first few flights I was getting controller signal faults, controller battery level was at 2 bars. I charged the controller and signal stayed good for the entire next flight. More testing needed to confirm if the behavior will repeat or not.

Sent from my SM-J700T using PhantomPilots mobile app

see my post above on "Autoland fail" after firmware upgrade last night. Plus YouTube video about it.

I made two flights today with new firmware 1.08.10 in my P3S. In both cases, the flight started great with five bars, then I flew up about 100 ft and out about 150 ft and started getting the poor RC signal messages right away. Within one minute at that short range I eventually got the lost signal message and RTH kicked in, even with excellent line-of-sight. Shockingly poor range. I ran out of time to test further. I am hoping there was some sporadic anomaly that can explain this behavior, and normal range returns tomorrow. We shall see.

I'm back and forth on if the update is good. It seems hit or miss for me. What is the best firmware people like as I wouldn't mind trying one?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Same here. I've had nothing but problems with 1.8.10. I just took off tonight.. literally got 10 seconds of flight 20 feet in the air and the app starts complaining that it disconnected. This has happened multiple times where I have had to land manually because it won't reconnect. I was flying once a little bit out of eyesight when it disconnected, and I couldnt get it back.. I had to make a quick run to to the drone so I could fly by sight to get it to land. At one point, coincidentally after I complained to them about my issues, they took 1.08.10 off the website and went back to an earlier version (Around Apr 2nd 2017). But now they have a newer version back the site as 1.08.0100 (which is less than 1.08.10 so I'm stuck. Once I'm finally on a good firmware, I'm not going to upgrade until every user says it's perfect.

Reactions: Minstrelred
jasdjensen...if the drone of sight....you will not run to the drone...switch the remote off then he will come back were you begin wen flying..you must have before this a homepoint.

You guys are scaring me. I have flown two flights since the latest update with no issues. Went up around 188 feet and out about 450. I'm using ASUS ZenPad 8 and NVIDIA Shield.

You guys are scaring me. I have flown two flights since the latest update with no issues. Went up around 188 feet and out about 450. I'm using ASUS ZenPad 8 and NVIDIA Shield.
Don't be scared... It seems to either work fine all the time or there are various issues that crop up almost immediately. I think it is due to various revisions of hardware components while others will say it is all in my imagination - there are no issues other than pilot error. Whichever way you look at it... If it flies fine the first few times you go out the chance of having a firmware related issues seems very low.
Fly safe and enjoy

Reactions: LarBear360

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj