New firmware update - what does it correct?

I thought it was the same firmware, the numbers are the same :confused:

Agree, it appears to be the same firmware based on version numbers. Seems they'll only confuse people by re-posting it with a new date stamp.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2015-11-06 08.31.48.png
    Screenshot 2015-11-06 08.31.48.png
    230.9 KB · Views: 499
So 1.2.8 to 1.4 is the same thing? That doesn't make any sense...........I'm on 1.2.6 or 1.3 can't remember but I have not done a FW update since early September?

What's new in 1.4 that was changed or fixed?

So 1.2.8 to 1.4 is the same thing? That doesn't make any sense...........I'm on 1.2.6 or 1.3 can't remember but I have not done a FW update since early September?

What's new in 1.4 that was changed or fixed?

No, I'm not quite saying that. My only point was that DJI appear to have updated the "post date" for the firmware files, while the firmware itself has not actually been updated.

As for what has changed in 1.4, there are lots of posts in here already discussing this topic ad nauseum. If you just want a summary, read the release notes at Phantom 3 Professional & Advanced - Downloads - Manuals, Software, Drivers download | DJI

Not sure which P3 you have, or I'd post a link to your specific model.

Reactions: FASTFJR
DJI is usually silent on the fixes. They only talk about the improvements and new features.

No, I'm not quite saying that. My only point was that DJI appear to have updated the "post date" for the firmware files, while the firmware itself has not actually been updated.

As for what has changed in 1.4, there are lots of posts in here already discussing this topic ad nauseum. If you just want a summary, read the release notes at Phantom 3 Professional & Advanced - Downloads - Manuals, Software, Drivers download | DJI

Not sure which P3 you have, or I'd post a link to your specific model.

Thanks P3 Pro

My bird has been flying fantastic the last month. What does the new firmware correct / change / fix?

Thanks
I remember when my bird was flying fantastic, then about 3 weeks ago I updated to 1.4 and the new DJO GO app and lost my live video feed. Myself and tons of others are now stuck with "no signal" and no video feed, thanks to the glorious updates. I wouldn't risk it. Read the reviews of the latest DJI GO app in the App Store if you want to get an idea of how many people are experiencing problems. We've narrowed it down to he latest firmware on the RC hat is causing the problems. There's no proven fix for it yet, other than to send your bird and controller back to DJI for a refurbished remote. I think there may be some people testing and trying downgrading their RC firmware, but not a ton of success.

Reactions: FASTFJR
I remember when my bird was flying fantastic, then about 3 weeks ago I updated to 1.4 and the new DJO GO app and lost my live video feed. Myself and tons of others are now stuck with "no signal" and no video feed, thanks to the glorious updates. I wouldn't risk it. Read the reviews of the latest DJI GO app in the App Store if you want to get an idea of how many people are experiencing problems. We've narrowed it down to he latest firmware on the RC hat is causing the problems. There's no proven fix for it yet, other than to send your bird and controller back to DJI for a refurbished remote. I think there may be some people testing and trying downgrading their RC firmware, but not a ton of success.

Thanks, I won't do a thing until it forces me to. The only thing I have noticed is I can't fly a perfectly straight line like I used to be able to. Calibrated everything and still the same results. Also reminds me of the "J" hook on my Phantom 2

The firmware file size there is on DJI site is larger than the last one. There must be something more in it... Confused...
Now = 35.6MB, Before = 24.7 ...???

My P3A is coming on Monday. Are you saying not to update and fly whatever firmware is currently on the bird? Update firmware is not mandatory upon first activation, right? I had the standard (returned) and it was my impression that the firmware must be upgraded before flying first time.

All these debates and guesses would be unnecessary if we get a clarification from DJI. Why is DJI silent? Very poor response to customers queries. I think they are more bothered about legal issues.

Reactions: Mr.Spock and Aramis

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31