New firmware update v3.10 now available

Hi friends... yes... I have my "new" Phantom Vision 2 and... not update to 3.08 loaded. problems?

regards

ToThePoint said:
Firmware V3.10 has been removed from DJI update servers.

Well for those that chose to ignore the warning message to be patient and wait rather then getting their quad in a bind can't say they were not warning ahead of time. I would rather be wrong about something going wrong, but I have been around long enough to know how each firmware update has went to know you are much better off by not installing the firmware for a week or so.

Good luck to anyone that is now having trouble.

walko said:
Hi friends... yes... I have my "new" Phantom Vision 2 and... not update to 3.08 loaded. problems?

regards

??????????????????? what does " and... not update to 3.08 loaded. problems? " mean ?

Well shoot. This weekend I updated everything. I hadn't heard of any troubles for a month or so and figured it was safe. Just my luck DJI released new firmware this weekend and I got it. Arrrgh. So I checked and yep, I'm at the 3.10 firmware on the drone mother board. I don't suppose there's an easy way to get rid of it and go back to 3.08?

rbhamilton said:
Well shoot. This weekend I updated everything. I hadn't heard of any troubles for a month or so and figured it was safe. Just my luck DJI released new firmware this weekend and I got it. Arrrgh. So I checked and yep, I'm at the 3.10 firmware on the drone mother board. I don't suppose there's an easy way to get rid of it and go back to 3.08?

No way to go back anymore unless you check to see if they opened the v3.08 up again. Your only other option is to load v1.08. I would think they would have a fix by the end of the day today. However you never know.

rbhamilton said:

Seem that there is a other way to do the downgrade.
Remove assistant V3.8 and install V3.6.
V3.6 assistant will let you downgrade to V3.08 even though the assistant calls it a upgrade.
Or you can do it true the V1.08 assistant and load V1.08 like i did.
I did a advanced IMU cal after the down-upgrade and a compass cal to be safe, or is it standard procedure ?

ToThePoint said:
rbhamilton said:

Seem that there is a other way to do the downgrade.
Remove assistant V3.8 and install V3.6.
V3.6 assistant will let you downgrade to V3.08 even though the assistant calls it a upgrade.
Or you can do it true the V1.08 assistant and load V1.08 like i did.
I did a advanced IMU cal after the down-upgrade and a compass cal to be safe, or is it standard procedure ?

I'm confused now. I have a android phone and vision app would freeze. Apparently it's not a comparable phone. However yesterday I downloaded the new app and after reading this just checked it and it's version 1.0.58. I have another version on another android that works 1.0.54. So where are the version 3 ' or is it firmware that's upgraded on the Phantom itself

down under, your post is so confusing and your thoughts bounce around so much I have no clue what you are saying or asking, maybe others have same idea?.... try again?

yorlik said:
down under, your post is so confusing and your thoughts bounce around so much I have no clue what you are saying or asking, maybe others have same idea?.... try again?
Sorry but I'm totally confused as to what firmware or app is working and what isn't. What I'm asking is this.... is it the App on the phone that is causing issues or what is downloaded onto the Phantom (firmware ?) I'm totally inexperienced with this compared to most of you and am just trying to pick up and learn whats going on. As it is I don't feel like even trying to fly the the thing at the minute until there is some sort of stability in the downloads. Again sorry for the confusion, but welcome to my world ...

I've just found what I need to know re what update goes where so ignore the above

downunderdrone said:
As it is I don't feel like even trying to fly the the thing at the minute until there is some sort of stability in the downloads. Again sorry for the confusion, but welcome to my world ...
The instability is in your imagination. Go with the latest of everything and you'll be fine.

Glad you found it! Where I look is in assistant when hooked to drone; I too am too new to really know, but I look on upgrade or firmware page it looks at all firmware and tells if up to date or not.

downunderdrone said:
yorlik said:
Sorry but I'm totally confused as to what firmware or app is working and what isn't. What I'm asking is this.... is it the App on the phone that is causing issues or what is downloaded onto the Phantom (firmware ?) I'm totally inexperienced with this compared to most of you and am just trying to pick up and learn whats going on. As it is I don't feel like even trying to fly the the thing at the minute until there is some sort of stability in the downloads. Again sorry for the confusion, but welcome to my world ...

I've just found what I need to know re what update goes where so ignore the above

Glad you found out what you needed to know. It is indeed very confusing when you start out. Just to answer your question the version 3.08/3.10/1.08 being discussed in this thread are the firmware versions for the quad copter itself. Nothing to do with the phone/tablet app

max said:
downunderdrone said:
yorlik said:

Glad you found out what you needed to know. It is indeed very confusing when you start out. Just to answer your question the version 3.08/3.10/1.08 being discussed in this thread are the firmware versions for the quad copter itself. Nothing to do with the phone/tablet app

Thanks for that Max

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik