New firmware update v3.10 now available

Re: New firmware update 3.8 now available

Thanks for the update!

I would like to remind everyone to not forget how many problems come from these kind of Firmware Updates. I highly recommend you sit back, be patient, and watch what others experience with the changes from this v3.10 Firmware! We can watch what happens in other forums and then report back here what kind of troubles others are having. There is NO NEED for anymore vPlus guys to deal with their quads becoming trashed because of either firmware issues, or from not paying close enough attention to the firmware process and instructions.

At a minimum I like to wait 10-14 days before considering adding the update to be on the safe side.

Known Major Issue
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=34253

Firmware Updates on January 30, 2015

Overview:
a) Flight controller firmware updated to v3.10.
b) DJI Phantom Assistant updated to v3.8.
c) DJI VISION App updated to iOS v1.0.46, Android v1.0.56.
d) DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ FC200 firmware updated to v1.3.0.

Major New Features:
a) No-Fly Zones updated to include a 25km radius in Washington, DC.
b) The iOS VISION app is compatible with iOS 8.0. The Android VISION app is compatible with Android 5.0.
c) GPS Signal Notice added to the VISION app. The VISION app will display a pop-up tip when attempting
to takeoff without a sufficient GPS signal.
d) Rear LED display added to the VISION app to show the aircraft’s current flight status.
e) Upgrade Range Extender option added to the VISION app (iOS). When upgraded, it is possible to use a
mobile device’s data network to access internet functions while connected to the Phantom.
f) Ability to view and download manuals and new manual notices added to the VISION app.
g) The latest DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ FC200 firmware fixes the issue of the camera failing to start in some
cases.
h) The latest DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ FC200 firmware adds the ability to modify the filename prefix of
photos if using the DJI SDK.
i) “Upgrade All” function added to the DJI Phantom Assistant.
j) When the aircraft is landing automatically, users can control the aircraft’s position and altitude. During
this period, the max ascent speed is 1 m/s or 2.2 mph.
k) Users can start the motors to take off immediately after the motors have stopped following auto
landing.

Re: New firmware update v3.8 now available

Totally concur! I'll be holding off as well. Noticed today when I plugged my Phantom in to my laptop. Got nervous for a second because i thought it was auto updating. Then noticed I could just exit from the notice window. whew!

The thread title should read......."v3.10" Firmware.

I went ahead and updated my firmware yesterday. I had gone to the airfield and my phantom is still having an issue where after about 5 mins of flight it will just wobble down to the ground, but only when you try to move right. After, I was having trouble with hovering and gaining altitude. Very odd behavior.. I have been having these issues for a while and I am sure they are all NOT VPR related, so why not try another firmware.

I Have also ordered a static free compass. I will re post when I can attempt a flight, first without the compass and then with the new compass.

cheapsk8r said:
I went ahead and updated my firmware yesterday. I had gone to the airfield and my phantom is still having an issue where after about 5 mins of flight it will just wobble down to the ground, but only when you try to move right. After, I was having trouble with hovering and gaining altitude. Very odd behavior.. I have been having these issues for a while and I am sure they are all NOT VPR related, so why not try another firmware.

I Have also ordered a static free compass. I will re post when I can attempt a flight, first without the compass and then with the new compass.

What do you mean by "wobble down to the ground"? What altitude, how fast while descending?

cheapsk8r said:

How old is it? Can't you just send it back?

Does anyone know if you plug in the phantom and open the vision app on the computer if it will automatically update the firmware on the phantom? I do not want the firmware update however I would still like to hook it up to check Imu status and calibrate if needed. Can I open the program offline and still calibrate everything without worrying about the bird being updated?

rdc4444 said:
Does anyone know if you plug in the phantom and open the vision app on the computer if it will automatically update the firmware on the phantom? I do not want the firmware update however I would still like to hook it up to check Imu status and calibrate if needed. Can I open the program offline and still calibrate everything without worrying about the bird being updated?
Fairly certain that it will not update automatically. A window will pop up with the option to update, but you can cancel out of it.

rdc4444 said:

I think it will only advise of the update but to be certain, disconnect from the Internet before opening the app.

dalebb said:
cheapsk8r said:

How old is it? Can't you just send it back?

It is 4 months old. I have read so many horrible posts about returning or repair that I figured I would give fixing it myself a bit of effort first.
I think it could be the compass or IMU, so a very careful advanced calibration and a new "anti-static" compass are my next ideas.

flyNfrank said:
cheapsk8r said:

What do you mean by "wobble down to the ground"? What altitude, how fast while descending?

I pull the stick to the right, it starts to move right, I let off the stick, it returns to level, hovers for a few seconds, then it appears to get "confussed" as to where it is, and just drops with a wobble. I don't think it is prop wash, because it will hover for a few seconds before it starts down.

Yesterday it was about 50 feet up. Drops slower than free fall speed.. I only broke two props and prop guards.

rdc4444 said:

look for the hosts file in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
Edit with notepad
add to last line 127.0.0.1 dji.com
File save as to desktop hosts.txt.
Find it on your desktop and rename to hosts (no file extension).
Copy it back to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and replace.
You need to do the copy and replace on win7/8.1 due to admin rights.

This will still allow you to use the Phantom Assist to do calibrations and still be connected to the net. It will however block all updates and notifications from dji.com.

phenom3030 said:
Totally concur! I'll be holding off as well. Noticed today when I plugged my Phantom in to my laptop. Got nervous for a second because i thought it was auto updating. Then noticed I could just exit from the notice window. whew!
I got the email from DJI yesterday, and I have the same policy; I won't even consider an update before I read what's going on in this forum. I think more and more people are taking that position with each successive update. Eventually, it may get to the point where everyone says, "OK. Who's going to stick his finger in the fan first?"

cheapsk8r said:
flyNfrank said:
cheapsk8r said:

I pull the stick to the right, it starts to move right, I let off the stick, it returns to level, hovers for a few seconds, then it appears to get "confussed" as to where it is, and just drops with a wobble. I don't think it is prop wash, because it will hover for a few seconds before it starts down.

Yesterday it was about 50 feet up. Drops slower than free fall speed.. I only broke two props and prop guards.

Please pay serious attention to this link, It's possible your quad fits the profile.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=30912&hilit=GPS+Connection+Issue

cheapsk8r said:
flyNfrank said:
cheapsk8r said:

Take the prop guards off and see what happens, sounds like VRS to me. Also if you take them off be sure to use the shorter bolts that came with the phantom, otherwise the prop guards bolts are too longs c will ruin the motors.

Also check the gain settings in the phantom assist. They shoudl be on default. Tell us what they are before hitting the default button.
Thanks

Firmware V3.10 has been removed from DJI update servers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic