New firmware update instructions

Step 20 is "Connect your tablet/phone to the Internet". What exactly don't you understand?

You can only update the remote from the app once you have updated it to the latest version ( ie future updates for the remote can be done by the app) so for now the best way is to copy the update file to a cleanly formatted USB stick (the SD adapters seem to sometimes cause issues) and pop the stick in the remote and turn it on (make sure the phantom is off!!) wait 30 secs or so and it will update the remote within a few minutes

Follow the steps exactly at your link above.

I don't understand how.
The RC light, when the RC is turned on with a USB stick in the USB port, with the .bin file on it in the root directory, will turn blue for a minute or two during the update, and then green when it completes.

When I tried to update the RC from within the app, I got the message
=========
image.jpg

=======
which contradicts the new feature of being able to update the controller from within the app over WiFi. Why would my RC not support upgrading the firmware through the app?

Manual updating worked fine with a USB stick, so that isn't the issue, but why the contradiction?

When I tried to update the RC from within the app, I got the message
=========
View attachment 27183
=======
which contradicts the new feature of being able to update the controller from within the app over WiFi. Why would my RC not support upgrading the firmware through the app?

Manual updating worked fine with a USB stick, so that isn't the issue, but why the contradiction?

The new app will allow FUTURE updates to the remote via the app but for now you have to follow the usb/sd card method - yes it is a bit contradictory I guess some things got lost in translation!

The new app will allow FUTURE updates to the remote via the app but for now you have to follow the usb/sd card method - yes it is a bit contradictory I guess some things got lost in translation!
I thought that this feature was supposedly created by the last firmware update, too. What I find most puzzling is that everyone's instructions for a successful update implies that you can somehow update the RC over WiFi, but only if that doesn't work, will manually updating be necessary. Yet, no one can update the RC without doing it manually. Only adds to the confusion. You have to update the RC manually. Stop confusing people. :cool:

My controller did update from the DJI GO app.

I had previously been running 1.1.2. I simply followed the DJI instructions exactly.

In my case it was easy and straight forward. My controller took about 10 minutes to complete the update. I power cycled the remote and that was that.

:harry

Last edited:
My controller did update from the DJI GO app.

I had previously been running 1.1.2. I simply followed the DJI instructions exactly.

In my case it was easy and straight forward. My controller took about 10 minutes to complete the update. I power cycled the remote and that was that.

Harry, you flying the update yet--- what is your take? any issues? Thanks for your input.:)

Hi bobmyers...

Yep. I'm all in as they say...DJI GO with the "32 channel hack" app on a mini 3, and the 1.3.2 FW update, etc.

I have had no issues at all. I am also flying the new HDMI board with two different HD FPV goggles and the results have been excellent.

BTW, the HDMI OSD includes an artificial horizon and a "home diamond" that makes (at least for me) flying back manually from a long distance to your starting point very easy...this is important since you cannot toggle between map and camera views when using the second viewing source (goggles).

I was even able to update my controller via the GO app with no issues. I just followed the instructions and app prompts exactly.

I needed to perform two compass calibrations at my field before my first flights after completing all the updates. Usually I just need to perform the calibration once, but it took two tries for it to take.

I have 9 flights with all the updates, etc., all with no issues. I flew Sunday to 1400m just for another shake down flight. This weekend I intend to fly out to at least 1800m which will exceed my current personal best of 1610m.

I say: "Come on in, the water's great!"

I made the updates before one week as exactly explain on dji.com
Today i put the sd card to laptop in order to check some photos and videos.
I see that there are three word files.
At the "P3X_FW_RESULT_AB" i see this message:
"
Result: Success.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.03.0020.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2015.08.05 02:17:22 =====================
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2015.08.05 02:22:10 =====================

========== 2015.08.06 02:01:51 =====================

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:11 remo-con disconnect======

========== 2015.08.08 16:12:51 =====================
Upgrading ...

========== 2015.08.11 20:24:14 =====================
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft."

Is everything fine with my update or is there any issue?

Also i want to know if i had to leave this files as is or can I delete them.
thanks for your help.

Hi bobmyers...

Yep. I'm all in as they say...DJI GO with the "32 channel hack" app on a mini 3, and the 1.3.2 FW update, etc.

I have had no issues at all. I am also flying the new HDMI board with two different HD FPV goggles and the results have been excellent.

BTW, the HDMI OSD includes an artificial horizon and a "home diamond" that makes (at least for me) flying back manually from a long distance to your starting point very easy...this is important since you cannot toggle between map and camera views when using the second viewing source (goggles).

I was even able to update my controller via the GO app with no issues. I just followed the instructions and app prompts exactly.

I needed to perform two compass calibrations at my field before my first flights after completing all the updates. Usually I just need to perform the calibration once, but it took two tries for it to take.

I have 9 flights with all the updates, etc., all with no issues. I flew Sunday to 1400m just for another shake down flight. This weekend I intend to fly out to at least 1800m which will exceed my current personal best of 1610m.

I say: "Come on in, the water's great!"

Harry
Thanks for the beta testing-- you are one brave soul:) I have appreciated your posts -- and Thanks for sharing!!

I am still testing the water with my toe, but I will probably jump, Friday night and go from 1.1.9 to 1.3.2 -- then go do some maidens close in flights on Saturday. Have the HDMI board and the DBS antenna mod on the way--hopefully -- The DBS shipped, but I am still waiting on Advexure to ship the HDMI board--- bet on them this time since the battery problems with DJI and lost again -- cant figure DJI shipping logistic issues out :confused::confused:, I will have the DBS by this weekend but I am going to install both mods at the same time.

This thing has been so perfect at 1.1.9, I have hesitated to upgrade the FW-- but with the new app-- I think I am going to have to move forward, I was getting some error messages yesterday that certain things weren't working because of the app version. Havent flown since the app upgrade.

Cheers:)

I made the updates before one week as exactly explain on dji.com
Today i put the sd card to laptop in order to check some photos and videos.
I see that there are three word files.
At the "P3X_FW_RESULT_AB" i see this message:
"
Result: Success.

========== 2015.08.05 02:17:22 =====================

========== 2015.08.05 02:22:10 =====================

========== 2015.08.06 02:01:51 =====================

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:11 remo-con disconnect======

========== 2015.08.08 16:12:51 =====================
Upgrading ...

========== 2015.08.11 20:24:14 =====================
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft."

Is everything fine with my update or is there any issue?

Also i want to know if i had to leave this files as is or can I delete them.
thanks for your help.
I believe the manual says to delete the text files but leave the firmware but I wouldn't. The only way this is helpful is if you get a new battery that has older firmware it will update automatically but the new update has not been kind to battery performance.

Reactions: bobmyers
Harry
Thanks for the beta testing-- you are one brave soul:) I have appreciated your posts -- and Thanks for sharing!!

I am still testing the water with my toe, but I will probably jump, Friday night and go from 1.1.9 to 1.3.2 -- then go do some maidens close in flights on Saturday. Have the HDMI board and the DBS antenna mod on the way--hopefully -- The DBS shipped, but I am still waiting on Advexure to ship the HDMI board--- bet on them this time since the battery problems with DJI and lost again -- cant figure DJI shipping logistic issues out :confused::confused:, I will have the DBS by this weekend but I am going to install both mods at the same time.

This thing has been so perfect at 1.1.9, I have hesitated to upgrade the FW-- but with the new app-- I think I am going to have to move forward, I was getting some error messages yesterday that certain things weren't working because of the app version. Havent flown since the app upgrade.

Cheers:)

I totally get it !

I did not update from 1.1.9 to 1.2.6 because of all the negative reports. I think that the current update is going to prove solid.

Please post you experience with the DBS antenna mod. I am flying with David W's 3D printed windsurfer antenna mod and I really like the results. Since I purchased the P3P for mid distance FPV flying I think the DBS antenna is going to be my next upgrade.

Out here in Silicon Valley a 1 mile distance is pretty much entry level for distance FPV flying ;)

Reactions: bobmyers

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl