New firmware update 1.5.70 for P3S

I just bought a new battery and have to update the firmware in order to use it.
Been trying about 10 times now but it stops at 19%. Would like to try to upgrade it manually but can't find the firmware file anywhere.
Please let me know where I can find firmware for DJI 3 standard.
Make sure your device (phone or tablet...) has the latest update on the DJI GO app. There was a recent update. Then run the app while connected to the internet. The latest firmware should download and be waiting for your connection to the controller and P3S. Now, disconnect your WiFi from the internet and with a fully charged battery in the P3S turn on your controller and P3S. Reconnect your device WiFi to the controller and run the app. When you see your camera (live picture) appear on the device, the app should be alerting you of the firmware update. Now, run the update, and don't move the P3S during the process. Let us know if that works.

That's exactly what I did. But only goes to 19% then said "upgrade failed". Been restarting several times and format the SD-card and downloaded it again to the smart phone.
Would like to download the firmware to my computer and then transfer it.
WHERE can I find it?

Thanks, but I understand that part. I've been doing this before without any issues.
My only question is: Where can I find the firmware? I can't find any firmware for the Standard version on DJI's web site. Please only let me know WHERE I CAN DOWNLOAD the FIRMWARE from.

Thanks, but I understand that part. I've been doing this before without any issues.
My only question is: Where can I find the firmware? I can see any firmware for the Standard version on DJI's web site.

I think there are no firmwares for the P3s online.. At least I never found them.

Well it says "
a. Update the latest firmware package files from DJI official web site.
b. Extract all downloaded files into the root directory of an SD card or USB flash drive."

So I suppose the firmware files are somewhere online. For the other models they are under the DL section on DJI's web site.

Well it says "
a. Update the latest firmware package files from DJI official web site.
b. Extract all downloaded files into the root directory of an SD card or USB flash drive."

So I suppose the firmware files are somewhere online. For the other models they are under the DL section on DJI's web site.

yeah, FW downloads are only for P3Pro and Adv models. For standard you need to download it thru DJI Go app. I believe its stored on the SD card.

Reactions: Mike's Bird
Updated my Phantom Standard without any issues. Bird flys great.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hello all. I'm relatively new to the P3S and this forum. I just noticed the firmware update but haven't done it yet. I am picking up a few extra battery packs tomorrow. Will I have to do anything with them before or after the upgrade or just go ahead and plug and play? Also, I should do another IMU calibration once the FW has been completed? Thanks in advance!

Hello all. I'm relatively new to the P3S and this forum. I just noticed the firmware update but haven't done it yet. I am picking up a few extra battery packs tomorrow. Will I have to do anything with them before or after the upgrade or just go ahead and plug and play? Also, I should do another IMU calibration once the FW has been completed? Thanks in advance!
Do your updates on your device, controller and bird. Once they are all up to date, do your calibrations. Necessary? Maybe not but it never hurts. Checking the settings on your device is a must. The RTH height and camera settings are just a couple that come to mind, but check everything.

The batteries may or may not need to be updated. Depends on how long they have been on the shelf. I bet they will however. This will be done when you power up the bird and the firmware will do the update automatically. I would try to do all of this before you head for the field to fly. It could take some time.

Top off your batteries if you want but do some research on battery care. Some take the 50% approach for the first x amount of cycles and some don't - but now, when new is the time to decide what is best for you.

Finally, make sure you do a compass calibration at the location you fly, before you fly.

Welcome and enjoy your P3S.

Last edited:
Do your updates on your device, controller and bird. Once they are all up to date, do your calibrations. Necessary? Maybe not but it never hurts. Checking the settings on your device is a must. The RTH height and camera settings are just a couple that come to mind, but check everything.

The batteries may or may not need to be updated. Depends on how long they have been on the shelf. I bet they will however. This will be done when you power up the bird and the firmware will do the update automatically. I would try to do all of this before you head for the field to fly. It could take some time.

Top off your batteries if you want but do some research on battery care. Some take the 50% approach for the first x amount of cycles and some don't - but now, when new is the time to decide what is best for you.

Finally, make sure you do a compass calibration at the location you fly, before you fly.

Welcome and enjoy your P3S.
I keep hearing conflicting statements about battery firmware. Many say auto download and many say u must manual DL. I really need confirmation here! Got smoke coming out of the ears here

Phantom 3 Standard | Jogjasky

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

translate Indonesian to english

this page has first and second firmware versions for P3S supposedly. i havent tried it yet im trying to go back one version right now. ALSO it may help to have windows SHOW ALL FILES, this will show you the hidden files on the SD card, they contain firmware info, wifi info and some other logs. the SD card MUST be in the bird, i found this out the hard way while ive been trying to go back one version using the GO APP

yeah, FW downloads are only for P3Pro and Adv models. For standard you need to download it thru DJI Go app. I believe its stored on the SD card.
Yeah, I see. But I'm not able to upload it to the drone from my smart phone, got an "uploading failure" after 19%. Been reinstalling the app, re-downloaded it to the phone but nothing helps.

Found a link to the FM file so will try it manually.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav