New firmware update 1.5.70 for P3S

I did the update today and tested the p3s everything works perfect . Not sure why a lot of you guys are having problems with this update. I did notice that it was updating slow and at one point I thought it froze. I was patient and waited till it was completed and everything went good maybe you guys are not letting the update complete on it own I'm not sure
Ya i let it go the whole way. so far about 10-15 mins into it it still is at like 2% and then i get a pop up that says Uploading failed. i tap OK and it says to restart the air craft and rc and try again. I been trying for awhile and it keeps failing. I contacted dji and they said if it doesn't work i will need to RMA it.

No issues, same performance

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Ya i let it go the whole way. so far about 10-15 mins into it it still is at like 2% and then i get a pop up that says Uploading failed. i tap OK and it says to restart the air craft and rc and try again. I been trying for awhile and it keeps failing. I contacted dji and they said if it doesn't work i will need to RMA it.
Wow really? Stopping at 2% is definitely not a good sign . Mine took about 15 min to complete. I'm sorry to hear that, I was nervous and almost didn't do the update . What kind of phone do you have ? I have a Samsung Galaxy s6 edge. Not sure if the device matters . Hope you get your drone worked out

I'm good also. Updated yesterday, it took less than 15 mins. Went for a flight after and had no issues.

Wow really? Stopping at 2% is definitely not a good sign . Mine took about 15 min to complete. I'm sorry to hear that, I was nervous and almost didn't do the update . What kind of phone do you have ? I have a Samsung Galaxy s6 edge. Not sure if the device matters . Hope you get your drone worked out
Hey i finally got it to work, what i believe was happening was when i started it it would make the loud beeping sounds so i would move it into the garage. ( so i dont have to hear it) and every time it would fail. The last time i started the update from the garage and left it in there and about at 60% the beeping stopped and it was updating normal. It finished successfully. What believe caused it to fail was me starting it and then moving it. For anyone else who has a beeping droned right now start the update and don't move or touch the aircraft until its is done. So once it starts don't touch or move it again

I am struggling with the range too after upgrading to 1.4.6. Hoping to get the range back after 1.5.7 but am very skeptical. If you upgrade, please tell me if you get the original range back. Thanks

Some rather odd things happening but the good news is : 7 satellites instantly, that's never happened here, like never. Couldn't do a long range test but, flying from home, I normally get 200-300m in one particular direction. Same direction Today was 700m. I would guess that in my wifi free distance test area, this would equate to 1000-1200m.

so i updated mine while i was driving to work. OMFG i thought i was going to go deaf. it filed a few times during download AND upgrade. but the noises coming from this thing were almost enough to make me drive into on coming traffic

Updated mine today on Nexus 7. No issues.... Even shut down between downloading and installing to recharge the battery. Got lucky I guess.

Strange some update correctly some don't.....

Hey i finally got it to work, what i believe was happening was when i started it it would make the loud beeping sounds so i would move it into the garage. ( so i dont have to hear it) and every time it would fail. The last time i started the update from the garage and left it in there and about at 60% the beeping stopped and it was updating normal. It finished successfully. What believe caused it to fail was me starting it and then moving it. For anyone else who has a beeping droned right now start the update and don't move or touch the aircraft until its is done. So once it starts don't touch or move it again
I'm glad to hear that you got it working. When I did my update I left the phone rc and aircraft all in one place. My bird wasn't as loud and when I got annoyed I just turned up my music lol . Well that's good news have fun flying .

Did the update just now. All went good. Now to test the flight this weekend. I will let everyone know how it goes.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I flew today and had no issues. No distance testing but I didn't drop signal either. I did have 14 satellites locked on for a time (a first) but I'm not sure if this is an anomaly or the update helped. Too soon to say for sure.

No way to reset p3s to factory settings :( You tried reset control link and wifi?

Yep, I reset wifi link an relinked to controller several times. No luck! Im now trying different firmware versions to see if any help communicating with all the different components.

Hello, last time it happened to me I had to restart the upgrade process from another device (I mean mobile, tablet, etc) and that solved the problem.

As above, I wasn't able to download a previous firmware update on my Nexus 6, so I used an iPhone and it worked fine, then I was able to use my Nexus 6 and it's been fine ever since.

Just updated.
What I was afraid of occurred!
OEM battery can't able to use by LITCHI.

I just bought a new battery and have to update the firmware in order to use it.
Been trying about 10 times now but it stops at 19%. Would like to try to upgrade it manually but can't find the firmware file anywhere.
Please let me know where I can find firmware for DJI 3 standard.

Not seeing this update when I power everything up.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub