New Firmware Tomorrow???

Reaction score
OK, is tomorrow the new firmware update?

I read somewhere on either this forum or DJI's forum that tomorrow was supposed to be the firmware release date that unscrews this whole god-awful mess.

To those who updated with no issues; please ignore this post. We are all glad that you were able to spin the cylinder and put the gun to your P3 and pulled the trigger and it went "click" instead of blowing your shiny brand-new $1,400.00 toy into oblivion.

Seriously: Just because 55% of the new P3 owners got cancer with the firmware update doesn't mean we all wish the remaining 44%-45% P3 owners got the "firmware cancer" too.

Or was the poster that said the new firmware fix was being released 7/15 just talking out of their "fanny" (did I get in trouble for saying "fanny"?)

Last edited:
Wonder if this will re-enable the use of the SDK?

It's 0641 on Wednesday 06/15/2015 in mainland China right now...start of business in an hour or so.

Waiting patiently so I can take back all the nasty things I've said about DJI if they'll just allow a simple firmware rollback to the time when my P3 USED to work as advertised.

C'mon DJI, You can do it! (waiting...waiting...waiting...)

Waiting patiently so I can take back all the nasty things I've said about DJI if they'll just allow a simple firmware rollback to the time when my P3 USED to work as advertised.

C'mon DJI, You can do it! (waiting...waiting...waiting...)

You won't get a roll back to any of the historic versions if that's what you're waiting for. They've said as much.

You won't get a roll back to any of the historic versions if that's what you're waiting for. They've said as much.

Near the beginning of July, they specifically said they were going to release a 1.2.9 that's identical to 1.1.9, so we could "upgrade" back to 1.1.9. They also said that they were going to modify the process so that it was possible to downgrade firmware to previous versions without that kind of rigamarole in the future.

Did they go back on those announcements?

Near the beginning of July, they specifically said they were going to release a 1.2.9 that's identical to 1.1.9, so we could "upgrade" back to 1.1.9. They also said that they were going to modify the process so that it was possible to downgrade firmware to previous versions without that kind of rigamarole in the future.

I'm patiently waiting, like a prom date...

Where was that announcement? If it was just a case of going back to 1.1.9 they could have easily released it while they we working on a proper update.

Yes, I understand they are allowing a rollback to the N-1 version, but don't believe you will be able to go back earlier.

Where was that announcement? If it was just a case of going back to 1.1.9 they could have easily released it while they we working on a proper update.

Here (run it through Google Translate, or similar): http://bbs.dji.com/thread-16464-1-1.html

And yes, you'd think that could have happened almost immediately. Of course, there are a lot of things DJI could do quite a bit faster than they do if they really wanted/cared to.

Oh yes I saw that, and this was the English announcement http://forum.dji.com/thread-23241-1-1.html

I think the original Chinese announcement was mistranslated/misinterpreted so people think they were going to be able to go back to 1.1.9. I don't believe that is what they meant.

They will be wanting to fix forward too I would expect, not reverting to a previous firmware that will reintroduce the bugs they had already fixed.

But hey, who knows - we'll find out soon enough.

I did hear from a third party developer who was expecting new firmware to be released this week, and it will likely be SDK enabled too.

Here (run it through Google Translate, or similar): http://bbs.dji.com/thread-16464-1-1.html

And yes, you'd think that could have happened almost immediately. Of course, there are a lot of things DJI could do quite a bit faster than they do if they really wanted/cared to.
tried to run it thru translate-- not having any luck-- could you post it translated on the thread

I think the original Chinese announcement was mistranslated/misinterpreted so people think they were going to be able to go back to 1.1.9. I don't believe that is what they meant.

Even allowing for loose translations, this seems pretty unambiguous doesn't it?

1. Due to the current system only supports the version number continue to increase, we will soon launch the firmware version 1.2.9 , and 1.1.9 of its content is consistent, just to meet the current system version number rule was changed.

Even allowing for loose translations, this seems pretty unambiguous doesn't it?

Yeah I suppose. Again, this wasn't mentioned in the English announcement which came a day or so later. They may have changed their minds. There may well be follow up posts to this in the Chinese forums. I see nothing about it from a DJI rep in the English forums.

I'd also love to see what they complain about over there :)

If nothing else it would be great to not have to upgrade the firmware as it did this past time. You couldn't fly without the update being applied. Once I was connected to the Internet it says I have to update to the latest firmware otherwise I couldn't fly. That shouldn't happen. For this very reason. A bad firmware gets released and we can't ignore the mandatory update or rollback to correct.

If nothing else it would be great to not have to upgrade the firmware as it did this past time. You couldn't fly without the update being applied. Once I was connected to the Internet it says I have to update to the latest firmware otherwise I couldn't fly. That shouldn't happen. For this very reason. A bad firmware gets released and we can't ignore the mandatory update or rollback to correct.

You don't have to install it. Many have been flying like that for a while now.

It's after business hours in mainland China for July 15th 2015....looks like it was all a crock of poopy, just like everything else they've said so far. :(

(did I just get banned for saying poopy?)

Beta testers will start testing new firmware next few days. I know because I just received my email approval. So it's imposibble for the firmware to go public.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1