New firmware seems awesome

Ari

Reaction score
I had serious issue with 1.2.8 on my P3A, no issues with the 1.19 one. I took the jump to the new 1.3 whatever and it seems awesome. VPS works great. Gimbal motor overload error stopped flashing. The lag and quality of the stream look better. I had zero altitude drift even with a solid wind when flying 1-10 feet above the ground. Previously it would bob up and down quite drastically and sometimes even land itself.

I am actually happy again with this toy. I might even consider investing in some more accessories. I did not get to try out the new app though (android user)

Thanks DJI, it only took you two months to figure out how to make your product work again!

P.S I am never doing a software update again

Your post is very welcome, thank you...I'm at work but reports like this make me feel excited about getting home. Hope more chime in to this thread with reports too. So much negativity on some of the other threads. Prop's keep us updated.

I agree with what you have said. Overall seems much more stable in the air. I how ever am an iOS user and need to warm up to the app still. Doesn't seem to different once you get past the first page. I preferred the previous launch screen.

Hmmm ... I'm still new at all this and this is my first "new firmware" opportunity. I have read horror stories about past upgrades, so I am a bit skittish about this one. Are you guys using the "GO" app? HAve to admit to being interested, but I think I will wait for some more reviews. My P3 is flying wonderfully right now, and the old "don't fix it if it ain't broke" adage has withstood many the tests of time.

Reactions: Canadian
Hmmm ... I'm still new at all this and this is my first "new firmware" opportunity. I have read horror stories about past upgrades, so I am a bit skittish about this one. Are you guys using the "GO" app? HAve to admit to being interested, but I think I will wait for some more reviews. My P3 is flying wonderfully right now, and the old "don't fix it if it ain't broke" adage has withstood many the tests of time.

I was not able to get the GO app to do the update. I updated via a USB stick.

My iPhone automatically updated the pilot program which states they must change my firmware. Today was the first time I was able to fly my Phantom. I've had it for a while but has been constant rain here in Florida. Went out early this morning sunshine no rain. Had a great first experience the phantom three. The time I got home my phone updated to the new pilot program. After reading all about the horror stories about the updates and erratic flights. My point is do I have to update the firmware to use the new GO app.? I'm happy with what I have.

So there is no problem using the new fw with the old 1.2.0 Dji pilot app on android?

Any improved experiences with these firmware updates resolving lag time on Android?

Curious if the Android DJI GO APP is going to be needed to correct the video lag.

Samsung tablets have been a problem with video lag. Anyone update using a Samsung tablet? What is your experience?

I updated from 1.2.8 to 1.3.20 on both the bird and the controller. Did the (cold) IMU calibration, then the gimbal, then the compass outside in the middle of the yard. Bird flies great! Only problem I am having is the app crashing on me and leaving me blind. It Happened on the second battery, the first one was ok. I am running a note 4 so I will have to wait for the updated pilot app, so hopefully that will solve the problem. I did order the hdmi upgrade also so that will be a plus once that gets here.
Overall I am very happy with this quadcopter and wouldn't trade it for anything...small flaws and all! :)
Just thought I would share my FW upgrade experience (which was easy). Happy flying all!

So there is no problem using the new fw with the old 1.2.0 Dji pilot app on android?
No I have now flown with both app on my Pro and my advanced and both apps work fine You just cant update the controller through the app unless you update to the dji go
If you like old app do a backup to iTunes before you update then install new app if you want to go back just delete it from your device and reinstall it in iTunes .
For got sake if you own a phantom uncheck auto updates in iTunes and your device

You were probably still on .19, correct?

If so that firmware wasn't compatible with updating via the app. Now you will be able to do it via the app on the next update.

You were probably still on .19, correct?

If so that firmware wasn't compatible with updating via the app. Now you will be able to do it via the app on the next update.
No, actually I was on 1.26 (pro), and never saw the notice to update the RC from the new app.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik