new firmware release

gunslinger said:
myquietwaters said:

Any word on what this fixes... or adds ??? :?

According to the release notes near the top of the list, this is for the camera, and you install it by copying the BIN file to the microSD card, then inserting it in the camera, and then powering it on. Adds PAL support and stuff to the camera.

For those who have done the latest upgrade: How long do the yellow leds keep blinking?

I started the upgrade and it is at least 15 minutes or more and yellow leds are still blinking. I'm afraid to shut it down for fear of crashing the firmware. Also, there is a red led blinking inside that show through the hole on the right side when facing the battery.

Edit:
I shut it off and tried it a second time with same results. Then I took out SD card and it showed firmware.bin.bak00 so apparently it took the update ok. Maybe it kept blinking the yellow leds because I didn't turn on the transmitter, the front red leds were not on.

AHill said:
For those who have done the latest upgrade: How long do the yellow leds keep blinking?

I started the upgrade and it is at least 15 minutes or more and yellow leds are still blinking. I'm afraid to shut it down for fear of crashing the firmware. Also, there is a red led blinking inside that show through the hole on the right side when facing the battery.

Lab Rat #12131 reporting in!

My camera firmware updated pretty quick, probably in just 10-15 seconds or so. Definitely no more than 30 seconds. Then it switched to green LED.

Btw, I've made sure to turn off the repeater and app during the firmware upgrade, for fear that they might mess things up.

Findings:

I've updated my app to .30 a couple of days ago and found the connection to be unstable. That app might have supposed to be paired with this firmware upgrade, because after this upgrade my wifi connection seems so much more stable. I'll try to fly later and check the range.

AHill said:

Edit:
I shut it off and tried it a second time with same results. Then I took out SD card and it showed firmware.bin.bak00 so apparently it took the update ok. Maybe it kept blinking the yellow leds because I didn't turn on the transmitter, the front red leds were not on.

I am happy to read all went well.
You have to look at the led of the camera, not of the PV. The led was blinking for 10-15 seconds but you dont have to do that anymore :)

Pull_Up said:
Might we know what it was, in case we (i.e. me!) encounter same error shortly?!
i had used a windows desktop icon to launch phantom vision assistant, got some freaky firmware warnings & errors.
on investigation, the icon i never use was still linked to assistant 1.01 !
loaded assistant 1.05 and all was well again :)

So am I correct in understanding that the only benefit to updating at this time is if you need the PAL video settings? So if in the U.S., is there any reason to update, or just sit tight until later when the raw settings and other benefits are available?

ToddSmi said:
So am I correct in understanding that the only benefit to updating at this time is if you need the PAL video settings? So if in the U.S., is there any reason to update, or just sit tight until later when the raw settings and other benefits are available?

My (unsupported by fact) suspicion would be that there were more fixes included than just PAL video settings. The same with the iphone app, a lot of effort just to install ios7 fixes

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.