New firmware Phatom 4 v 1.1.410

I know how bad the DJI process is, trust me, with the issues after updates and what not. But I never had an issue with updating, ever. I always followed "the letter of the law" so to speak with Phantom updates on all my Phantoms (Standard, 4k, Advanced, P4) and yes, they need to maybe rethink their strategy and possibly test way more as most are having issues, but a lot are having issues it seems of their own fault (not yours, but many others)

To be fair, if you look at my post, I quoted "r62ewa" on page 5, not you.. it was in response to him and what he said about people using the assistant software.

About the sensor calibration, are you talking Vision sensors and not IMU? if so, you can do that in the App, or at least you can on 2.8.3 iOS, I haven't verified on my Android tablet yet.
You can? I'll look into that, nice info there.
To be fair my first two phantoms were a breeze, and I figured it was just older guys or computer illiterate ppl. I can attest that if I wasn't computer savvy, I would've had to return the last one, the one I have now. DJI tech had actually told me to return it to the store! Lol I disconnected from him, as my phone started updating the bird, so as far as he knew, I did return it, I did try calling him back I think.
That was a rough call, at first I didn't want to explain I was using my older P3 remote, with it modded no less, because we know how they like to take easy way out and blame that stuff before looking further. I have to admit this guy was cool as a cucumber and didn't focus on that once Intold him everything.
My thing was, my old controller flat out wouldn't connect to the new bird, and Inwas trading my controller for an EVO setup, so I needed the new p4 remote to stay new, and wanted my modded remote to work, the short story is duh man! I couldn't connect because the old remote WAS UPDATED! I can't believe I pulled hair out and cusses and all that, over something I knew from before, "no signal" in red. The tech should have picked up on that but didn't, I did and got it all working eventually. And tried assistant first because on a new bird I wanted to calibrate everything but it would just not update the P4, it was maddening, and made me feel for others who may not have been computer nerds who had to return their birds

I am still using 2.8.1 and last p4 firmware. I ain't updating. Even disabled iPad app auto update to leave sleeping bears lie. Soz to hear updates are giving headaches.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I am still using 2.8.1 and last p4 firmware. I ain't updating. Even disabled iPad app auto update to leave sleeping bears lie. Soz to hear updates are giving headaches.

We always hear of update issues, no way am I gonna miss out on all the fun! Or if there happened to be a slightly better range or anything that may be a plus

I updated and ALL my issues disappeared. I also never had a range issue, I was easily getting about 3 miles before coming back due to being too chicken to fly further, with 100% signal still and NO windsurfers. With this recent update, my "yo yo" effect was gone, gimbal squeak gone, and vision tracking was working way better than before. Batteries worked great, lasted 23+ minutes depending on situation etc, and have never been happier with an update. And, just an FYI, I disable ALL WiFi connectivity to my Tablets, and they are solely used for Phantoms. That way I only update when I want to, or when I have issues. :)

Reactions: Sim597 and sar104
Did not notice any range improvement after the update. ZZZZZZZ Next
I have a feeling your gonna be the "norm" and I don't have any hope at all in this update, the mere fact DJI didn't directly deal with the TiHo (tilted horizon) issue, means it's another ho-hum uninspired update that leaves all of us wanting. To see the Inspire on sale for $2,000 is nice

Reactions: arcaine25
I have a feeling your gonna be the "norm" and I don't have any hope at all in this update, the mere fact DJI didn't directly deal with the TiHo (tilted horizon) issue, means it's another ho-hum uninspired update that leaves all of us wanting. To see the Inspire on sale for $2,000 is nice

I am about to pull the trigger on the inspire at those prices.. it may not be the "big boy" with the X5, but I don't care about all that, I am not a cinematographer! :-D

Reactions: Sim597
I am about to pull the trigger on the inspire at those prices.. it may not be the "big boy" with the X5, but I don't care about all that, I am not a cinematographer! :-D
I agree, too bad I've spent $2000 on a P4 in last few months with boosters and antenna's and more antennas and batteries and bla bla bla.
Still, I have a few toys I could sell, some PCP pellet guns, maybe a 1911 alloy pistol, or some other things, hate to sell my RZR but that $20k could be used elsewhere around the house and for multiple hobbies lol

Just think, we know a new inspire is around the corner, especially now at these prices. It's prolly better to buy one now, vs seeing the new one, you know you'll want that one!

Just think, we know a new inspire is around the corner, especially now at these prices. It's prolly better to buy one now, vs seeing the new one, you know you'll want that one!

Honestly, I have spent the same on my P4 with the bird itself + batteries, and if I knew this was coming for the inspire I would have honestly waited. Not that I hate my P4, but I already have my P3 which is a great machine, and the only true advantage of the 4 over the 3 (advanced model in my line up) is more Mbps bitrate, 4k instead of 2.7k (I could honestly care less about 4k ATM, only my TV is 4k as 1080p is perfect for my gaming PC as is), and Active Track (which Litchi will do on P3, i've verified), and OAS, which is really useless because you have to go so slow for it to work, and it doesn't work in sport mode anyway, as well as it has to be a decent sized object. I wonder if I am within my return window at best buy still... lol

Are you with DJI Go 2.8.3?
A post in bbs.dji.com(in Chinese) mentioned changing color scheme to "Normal" will avoid the blurry "photo" problem for now. Could you help to test if this workaround works for video as well? Blurry video will be a show stopper for me to upgrade. Thanks!

I would like to help, but I just returned my P4 for a refund. Too many problems.

Well, I'll say this, this is the first time I've ever, ever not been totally happy with an update, of course after defending them. For the first time I got a compass error, only briefly (yes on a newly calibrated as it were compass, that shows/is a good calibration) it's not a deal breaker, but never saw that before. With my amps up and humming I had some noise and bad downlink at a stones throw. (Now these aren't show stoppers but shows it's not as good as it was, at least, in the LEAST, it's not better that's for sure. And then the big one!

It's raining like biatch here and so I wanted to do some test inside, I have a large open space living room ( my sisters say I need more furniture, I have two chairs and a full size sofa in here!) anyway I started it up and about 8' from front is our island, the craft because no GPS lock and just carpet was drifting backwards into my table, it wouldn't let me move side to side, stop, or especially move it forward to avoid an bad accident. The OA is way to intrusive now, I don't get it, did a quick test outside and it worked better, but I guarantee a less skilled pilot would've had a broken bird and possible injury, and possible blown up plasma TV in that room, it was close, I landed as it was still drifting, about 10" from table. I then tried it again and had to switch to ATTI to avoid same thing, it simply will not let stick control work, I can yaw about 60* to get island out of view and regain slight control, or fly above island, but at 6-8' this shouldn't be taking control of everything

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

This stupid over control will cause an accident, the one thing the dumb system is supposed to work on. I never have "reverse flight" on, and won't either. This overt ham fisted approach to take control of sideways movement when an obstacle is in front, AND IT TOOK BACKWARDS FLIGHT CONTROL AWAY!!! This is a total failure, total failure of operational control which will certainly result in loss of ppl's aircraft and possibly damage people property

Told you I was serious lol. I also said it would take a little bit of time, still, that new A3 setup should be so dang precise, hopefully you'll get a gimbal system that works, is it a racer FPV or a flying camera?

Reactions: Sim597

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik