New firmware Phatom 4 v 1.1.410

I'm trying to install the latest firmware on my phantom and it just doesn't seem to want to work. I powered on the phantom, plugged in that short adapter->usb cable->my nexus 7, and launched DJI go. Front lights are flashing yellow, i'm on the "connect your DJI device" with phantom 4 screen on, and nothing it happening. Easily waited a couple minutes + restarted app...

The light on the phantom is orange next to the USB port

You have to connect normally to the bird first, then download the update when prompted. when it tells you to connect to the adapter cable, do so. I thought DJI put instructions out there for the procedure? Not trying to come off as a jerk or anything, but this is something you need to know how to do, maybe even first before flying these expensive birds.

You also have to have the most recent go app and active internet connectivity.

Last edited:
Reactions: bdaphantom4
I'm trying to install the latest firmware on my phantom and it just doesn't seem to want to work. I powered on the phantom, plugged in that short adapter->usb cable->my nexus 7, and launched DJI go. Front lights are flashing yellow, i'm on the "connect your DJI device" with phantom 4 screen on, and nothing it happening. Easily waited a couple minutes + restarted app...

The light on the phantom is orange next to the USB port

The home page of the app should tell you that the aircraft FW needs to be updated, then it will download the new FW and then ask you to connect the mobile device to the aircraft via USB. If it didn't go through that sequence then it probably will not work.

Right - but the aircraft update is only wireless in that the mobile device downloads it wirelessly - the update process itself only starts once the firmware is downloaded, and it is via a wired connection.

Understood. Since I can't confirm that the DJI updater does a CRC check after download, I just prefer my critical downloads over wire. And to be honest, I didn't know that the Assistant app was buggy. It has always worked well for me.

Reactions: bdaphantom4
The home page of the app should tell you that the aircraft FW needs to be updated, then it will download the new FW and then ask you to connect the mobile device to the aircraft via USB. If it didn't go through that sequence then it probably will not work.

Ah, I didn't start off going through the RC. That did it - thanks!

Got a new problems: Weak image transmission signal" all the time, the camera in photo mode can't focus well, but in video mode is ok. Maybe the problem with the image transmission is because the new firmware update the dii go to the 2.8.2.

Mine's the other way, sort of: On my iPad the camera image is fuzzy but the pics are OK. On the other hand, on my iPad the video image is clear but the videos themselves are now blurry.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pepe Vasquez
Updated Phantom 4 today, went through with a hitch. It did say something about incompatible device, but I hit ok, it went complete. Power cycled, all seems good and gimbal squeak is gone... I mean really? Firmware caused gimbal squeak?

To be sure, rc firmware supposed to be 1.6, right?

Gimbal squeak gone for me too (it was for me a momentary squeak as the gimbal settled into its final position at startup). I think the squeak may have been caused by motors momentarily working against each other. I'm just guessing.

Why are people using Assistant when everyone knows it's buggy and updating via Go app works perfectly?

Can you downgrade firmware with DJI Go? That's what I want to do. My video is now blurry and I wanted to see if downgrading would fix that. Unfortunately, both downgrading to the previous firmware version and refreshing the current version both fail with Assistant.

I did my firmware update yesterday, plugged my p4 with my macbook pro and used assistant. After a lot of gimbal movement and calibration and some reboots, I noticed the update was stuck at 94% for a long time. I turned off my p4 and started the thing again. In assistant I noticed that the firmware was actually installed and that there was a feature to refresh it if I wanted too. Yesterday eve I had a job to do with my bird so 30mins before my mate landed me his battery too. After draining my battery I plugged in his battery and got an error about some updates needed to be done and a low voltage error from the battery. I waited a couple of mins, re-started my p4 and off it went. Things I have noticed are that I was getting a lot of Poor/Transmission signal, strong interference all the time ( drone is still not flying here ) that is even after doing my compass calibration, gimbal is still driving me crazy, it never seems to be aligned good. I was hoping that after this update my gimbal would be performing much better. I more thing I have noticed is that while shooting in video mode everything seems fine and clear on my Nvidia Shield K1, but when I switch to photos mode the picture seems soft and out of focus on my tablet but then the photos themselves are good.

Can you downgrade firmware with DJI Go? That's what I want to do. My video is now blurry and I wanted to see if downgrading would fix that. Unfortunately, both downgrading to the previous firmware version and refreshing the current version both fail with Assistant.

Are you with DJI Go 2.8.3?
A post in bbs.dji.com(in Chinese) mentioned changing color scheme to "Normal" will avoid the blurry "photo" problem for now. Could you help to test if this workaround works for video as well? Blurry video will be a show stopper for me to upgrade. Thanks!

I did my firmware update yesterday, plugged my p4 with my macbook pro and used assistant. After a lot of gimbal movement and calibration and some reboots, I noticed the update was stuck at 94% for a long time. I turned off my p4 and started the thing again. In assistant I noticed that the firmware was actually installed and that there was a feature to refresh it if I wanted too. Yesterday eve I had a job to do with my bird so 30mins before my mate landed me his battery too. After draining my battery I plugged in his battery and got an error about some updates needed to be done and a low voltage error from the battery. I waited a couple of mins, re-started my p4 and off it went. Things I have noticed are that I was getting a lot of Poor/Transmission signal, strong interference all the time ( drone is still not flying here ) that is even after doing my compass calibration, gimbal is still driving me crazy, it never seems to be aligned good. I was hoping that after this update my gimbal would be performing much better. I more thing I have noticed is that while shooting in video mode everything seems fine and clear on my Nvidia Shield K1, but when I switch to photos mode the picture seems soft and out of focus on my tablet but then the photos themselves are good.

Have you checked the video recorded on the SD card is clear? Thanks!

I started to experience some horizon tilt prior to the update however during the update process since I was hooked in to the Assistant application, I decided to do the calibration and it did correct it some.
Experienced the same. Just facing tilted horizon for the first time. And images was so blurry. Both still image and video seems out of focus. Everything was perfect before the update

Experienced the same. Just facing tilted horizon for the first time. And images was so blurry. Both still image and video seems out of focus. Everything was perfect before the update
Yes, images look blurry and quality of video is reduced after update.

Gimbal guard is only responsible for the large 40 to 60' yoyo effects. The orginal 4 to 8' yoyo effect is still there with the new firmware. No gimbal guard needed to cause the small yoyoing.

I get that the gimbal guard is responsible for the 40 - 60', but since the firmware update, my yo yo is gone (or at least appears so at this moment).. so I was asking a basic question, which already was answered by the person in question as a "no".

I told you, my go apps kept saying "firmware not known" when I checked it under about and version. This was found after they wouldn't give me the update option???? So what was Insupposed to do!? Lol

As stated in the update, it fixes the gimbal initialization sound..

Also I would agree, why use assistant as opposed to the app? No problem with the app here. So even like to complicate things . Lol
Wow, read the post. Then explain how would U update if the apps don't work, would love to here your answer

Wow, read the post. Then explain how would U update if the apps don't work, would love to here your answer

First and foremost, there was an obvious auto correct error in my response, the last part was supposed to say "sometimes it complicates things" not "so even" I do know how to talk / type, but my phone has a mind of it's own sometimes (currently on PC), second, I was replying to the guy saying about people default going to the Assistant program, which, if you look around will see a LOT of people are doing instead of trying the mobile device first, and I was not replying to your case directly as yours was special and obviously problematic, but again, maybe re-read yourself and see how many are STARTING with the DJI assistant...... Sorry if I easily offended you.

Reactions: Sim597
Wow, read the post
First and foremost, there was an obvious auto correct error in my response, the last part was supposed to say "sometimes it complicates things" not "so even" I do know how to talk / type, but my phone has a mind of it's own sometimes (currently on PC), second, I was replying to the guy saying about people default going to the Assistant program, which, if you look around will see a LOT of people are doing instead of trying the mobile device first, and I was not replying to your case directly as yours was special and obviously problematic, but again, maybe re-read yourself and see how many are STARTING with the DJI assistant...... Sorry if I easily offended you.

In my defense, you did reply to me, so you saying I should read other post to "know" what you were saying isn't really fair. Then you go on to tell me what you meant to say, while telling me to re-read.....what!?
I am not easily offended, nor was I offended in the reply, what I was is confused, as to what I was supposed to use, I can't read your mind, and I cannot guess what you intended to say, or that it was meant for others.
With that being said, I've made same mistake, so I get it. It's all good here mate. My whole thing is because it wouldn't let me update the way I wanted too, with the app. I didn't even have my MacPro charged, it was a big pain in the butt, so I agree with you that it's not the easiest way. I actually like the part of the app that lets us recalibrate the sensors, but every time I open it it says to reboot because it's been updated. You know how much hassle that caused me when it came out? My god it's buggy, I suppose there is just too many iterations of different setups in the world for DJI to make an update that works for everyone. It seems their solution is to make like 3 ways to do it, and figure one way out of three should work at least for everyone.

Reactions: arcaine25
Yes, images look blurry and quality of video is reduced after update.
I hope that is not wholesale and god I really hope this also didn't happen to me, I swear it would be the last straw. I update whenever there is an update, and if through an update I get worse performance (in camera like you say) I'll be PO'd
I hope this gets fixed for you. I hate to state the obvious but maybe it's possible the lens got smudged while updating and handling the bird? I know it seems like a long shot but it is possible. And would be way easier to fix obviously.

In my defense, you did reply to me, so you saying I should read other post to "know" what you were saying isn't really fair. Then you go on to tell me what you meant to say, while telling me to re-read.....what!?
I am not easily offended, nor was I offended in the reply, what I was is confused, as to what I was supposed to use, I can't read your mind, and I cannot guess what you intended to say, or that it was meant for others.
With that being said, I've made same mistake, so I get it. It's all good here mate. My whole thing is because it wouldn't let me update the way I wanted too, with the app. I didn't even have my MacPro charged, it was a big pain in the butt, so I agree with you that it's not the easiest way. I actually like the part of the app that lets us recalibrate the sensors, but every time I open it it says to reboot because it's been updated. You know how much hassle that caused me when it came out? My god it's buggy, I suppose there is just too many iterations of different setups in the world for DJI to make an update that works for everyone. It seems their solution is to make like 3 ways to do it, and figure one way out of three should work at least for everyone.

I know how bad the DJI process is, trust me, with the issues after updates and what not. But I never had an issue with updating, ever. I always followed "the letter of the law" so to speak with Phantom updates on all my Phantoms (Standard, 4k, Advanced, P4) and yes, they need to maybe rethink their strategy and possibly test way more as most are having issues, but a lot are having issues it seems of their own fault (not yours, but many others)

To be fair, if you look at my post, I quoted "r62ewa" on page 5, not you.. it was in response to him and what he said about people using the assistant software.

About the sensor calibration, are you talking Vision sensors and not IMU? if so, you can do that in the App, or at least you can on 2.8.3 iOS, I haven't verified on my Android tablet yet.

Reactions: Sim597

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik