New firmware Phatom 4 v 1.1.410

After updating I get a "no attitude data" and a "battery error" message. I tried many times to update until it said that I am on the latest firmware.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Also getting the "IMU initializing" message.

Just did my first test after app update and bird firmware update. App settings were all back to default, but all the issues I was having yesterday are gone, no more altitude drop, no more weak signal transmission to my iPad, no more gimble noise on calibration. I am happy :)

Updated Phantom 4 today, went through with a hitch. It did say something about incompatible device, but I hit ok, it went complete. Power cycled, all seems good and gimbal squeak is gone... I mean really? Firmware caused gimbal squeak?

To be sure, rc firmware supposed to be 1.6, right?

Last edited:
Watch this may be the firmware that removes the 32 channel hack
I updated the craft firmware, but not the Go app. I still have 32 channels, it work find for ground testing last night.
Went off without a hitch last night on the update. Flying it today to check for issues. Btw, I tried one USB cord that I had laying around to plug bird into computer with. It did not work. At last resort I tried the cable that came with my Phantom and it opened up DJI Assistant immediately. Had to just be a bad cord I guess. Had me worried for a while. LOL
Sometimes USB cables have really poor conducting wires, even though continuity is solid, not intermittent. Resistance is high in some cables and this can cause havoc. Other USB cables are NOT data cables, they only have the charge cables. I've noticed there is no industry standard to signify a "charge cable only" type of cord. We cannot assume all cords will transfer data, and with the new higher charge rate cell phones at 2 and 3 am charge rates, you cannot assume any old USB cable will work. For instance, if you have an old 2amp @ 5V USB charger that has worked just fine on your Samsung S5 cellphone using a miniUSB connector, you CANNOT expect that same cable and charger to work with a new LG-G5 buy using an adapter (miniUSB to Type C USB). The LG-G5 needs 3A to charge, or it won't charge, which sucks in a way.

Camera won't focus on still image. Video focus is ok. Anyone else facing the same problem after update ? Thx

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

What's the process for updating more than one battery with this FW update? I assume on the first pass the P4 will also update the battery's FW that's installed, but what about spares? Will the P4 just update those as they are inserted, or do you have to do something special on the app to update each one individually?

What's the process for updating more than one battery with this FW update? I assume on the first pass the P4 will also update the battery's FW that's installed, but what about spares? Will the P4 just update those as they are inserted, or do you have to do something special on the app to update each one individually?

Phantom 3 and 4 update batteries as they are inserted, provided you don't format your SD card. It will typically appear as the firmware update didn't happen, and say "update firmware" but this is because the battery needs updated. That is, if this one actually updates battery firmware?

Phantom 3 and 4 update batteries as they are inserted, provided you don't format your SD card. It will typically appear as the firmware update didn't happen, and say "update firmware" but this is because the battery needs updated. That is, if this one actually updates battery firmware?

I thought with the P4, the updates are loaded internally and not stored on the removable SD card, am I wrong?

I thought with the P4, the updates are loaded internally and not stored on the removable SD card, am I wrong?

Not sure, I was just assuming, but I can check here in a couple hours when home to be 100%, but I thought I saw a .bin file loaded on my P4 SD, but i've slept since I last check (the update prior to this one) :rolleyes:

I did the upgrade too. Towards the end of the upgrade install, it said there was
Updated Phantom 4 today, went through with a hitch. It did say something about incompatible device, but I hit ok, it went complete. Power cycled, all seems good and gimbal squeak is gone... I mean really? Firmware caused gimbal squeak?

To be sure, rc firmware supposed to be 1.6, right?
Strangely enough, my gimbal squeak is gone, also. It is strange that could rectified with software.

I'm charging a battery at this moment to get me in the air to test the new app and bird firmware. I flew last night with the new firmware, and I didn't see anything different. Still, whichever one stopped that squeak, I'm really happy.

Reactions: Proty
Anyone experiencing poorer image transmission with these updates for the P4 and DJI GO for long distance flights? I have just done a long range test flight after updating the app and firmware for the P4 and had decreased image transmission signal reception the entire way. Anyone?

Strangely enough, my gimbal squeak is gone, also. It is strange that could rectified with software.

I'm charging a battery at this moment to get me in the air to test the new app and bird firmware. I flew last night with the new firmware, and I didn't see anything different. Still, whichever one stopped that squeak, I'm really happy.

I re-read the release info, and it was mentioned about "gimbal calibration sound" or something like that... it makes me wonder if there wasn't supposed to be some sort of sound, beep or otherwise the indicated Gimbal calibration, and for whatever reason that sound byte failed miserably, and it wasn't hardware sound at all?

Still have altitude drop with the latest firmware but it isn't as bad as before.

Do you use a gimbal guard?

I'm shocked I say that there isn't a gimbal level fix in this release. Darn.

No shyt!! What the heck?
I did watch one video of a Typhoon H, and it had a tilted horizon! Lol, it's not an easy fix apparently.

I re-read the release info, and it was mentioned about "gimbal calibration sound" or something like that... it makes me wonder if there wasn't supposed to be some sort of sound, beep or otherwise the indicated Gimbal calibration, and for whatever reason that sound byte failed miserably, and it wasn't hardware sound at all?
That could easily be gone anyway, meaning that "squeak" was likely going to rub itself gone eventually.

What's weird is, for some reason the first thing I did today, the very first, was goto the App Store and look at updates, and sure enough the GO app needed it

Just finished update of bird & 3 batteries via the DJI assistant app. Went without a hitch. Going to try and get her out for a test here a little later.:D

Reactions: RadioMike

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl