New Firmware, New app version, no video

Reaction score
So tonight my P3A turned into a brick. Worked fine four days ago when I tested out my new HDMI out addition to the controller. No issues, boom, just worked. Loaded new DJI GO 2.1.0 and now nothing. The RF connection appears to work to control RC controls (move gimbal, yaw, turn motors on, etc.) but I cannot even access my aircraft through the app. My controller shows a good connection as does the RC link button on the aircraft. What gives?

From my understanding on P3 is that RC and video are going over 2.4GHz so I know it's not an antenna issue. Noticed too that the controller doesn't even recognize when I plug USB into phone (tried both iOS and Android).

Anyone else having these issues? Any solutions? Been a fan of DJI, but having a multi-thousand brick is not my type of fun. Bummed out too because I did just get the DBS mod to my antenna as well which I believe is not the problem as the RC controls still work. Any ideas out there?

That seems like a USB port issue if you are not getting any response when plugging any device into it. Try taking off the I/O board with the HDMI and putting the original one back on. If that works, reattach the new one and see if it is a problem with the board, just a loose wire, or the controller's output.

I downloaded new firmware and the New Dji Go app into my Nvidia Shield
tablet. While flying today suddenly
The app just shutoff in flight with a

message " Sorry but the Go Pilot App has
stopped". Tablet screen has the disconnected
msg. I had to launch the app again and hoped
I would regain my camera and see where I
was. I walked ( heck no I sprinted )about 25
feet and saw my P3P hovering at 200 ft.
I brought the bird back and landed as the
GO App was starting to come back on. The
4K video was not smooth at all in fact it
was recording and every 4 seconds the video
twich . Why is Dji releasing glitch plagued
updates that I'm sure will put a few P3Ps
on the ground.

I have same issue with my Shield. After 18 min flight, DJI GO app stopped. I think, the Shield HW should be enought for the app.....

Transmitter is 2.4 GHz, but the video is not. Sorry. Thats all Ive got.

What you've got is the wrong information. 2.4ghz is for both the Radio Control and Video feed. And on one channel at a time. Even though you see two displays showing signal bar for control signal and video signal it's all coming through the same pipe. Yeah this confuses many.

So tonight my P3A turned into a brick. Worked fine four days ago when I tested out my new HDMI out addition to the controller. No issues, boom, just worked. Loaded new DJI GO 2.1.0 and now nothing. The RF connection appears to work to control RC controls (move gimbal, yaw, turn motors on, etc.) but I cannot even access my aircraft through the app. My controller shows a good connection as does the RC link button on the aircraft. What gives?

From my understanding on P3 is that RC and video are going over 2.4GHz so I know it's not an antenna issue. Noticed too that the controller doesn't even recognize when I plug USB into phone (tried both iOS and Android).

Anyone else having these issues? Any solutions? Been a fan of DJI, but having a multi-thousand brick is not my type of fun. Bummed out too because I did just get the DBS mod to my antenna as well which I believe is not the problem as the RC controls still work. Any ideas out there?
Rebind the controller.

Rebind, you mean push the button to reset the RC link? Do you have a link of how to 'rebind the controller' sorry for such a likely obvious answer.

Rebind, you mean push the button to reset the RC link? Do you have a link of how to 'rebind the controller' sorry for such a likely obvious answer.
I don't see how a rebind would help since that binds the Phantom to the controller. There is communication on that part already based on my understanding, there is just not communication between controller and device (iOS and Android) which means it has to be the USB port that is the issue.

Going to check the ribbon cable later today. Possible it fell out?? But seemed to work OK before hand. My sneaky suspicion is the firmware.

Definitely want to give a big thanks to DBS Mods, were very prompt in calling back and giving me some ideas to troubleshoot this weekend. Will keep the forum updated when I get a chance to work on the controller this weekend.

I don't see how a rebind would help since that binds the Phantom to the controller. There is communication on that part already based on my understanding, there is just not communication between controller and device (iOS and Android) which means it has to be the USB port that is the issue.
Both control and fpv/telemetry are transmitted via the lightbridge signal. It's entirely possible to have control but not video if the binding becomes corrupt. The app requires the data portion of the signal to be intact in order to function, and rebinding resets both the control and data link.

Reactions: III% Streve
Both control and fpv/telemetry are transmitted via the lightbridge signal. It's entirely possible to have control but not video if the binding becomes corrupt. The app requires the data portion of the signal to be intact in order to function, and rebinding resets both the control and data link.
Ya... Thats kinda what I said. But in far less words

UPDATE: First big thanks to Chuck at DBS Mods. Was really great giving me some confidence to open up the board and look to see if any of the ribbon cables had come loose. Apparently Ace Ventura delivered my package and jostled the controller board ribbon cable out. After about 40 tries of getting it back in (it's not an easy cable to get in if you're not good with ribbon cables and tweezers and are 6'2" and have gigantic hands), re-attached the back side of the controller and all ports are up and running now.

Happy to report full RC and Video controls. Looking forward to testing out the DBS Mods antenna tomorrow! Thanks again Chuck for the brilliant customer support and look forward to trying out your product!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic