new firmware killed my p3S :( i loved that drone

Reaction score
I think its dead. check my flight records its may only have like 5- 6 hours on it ... :(
like the subject says, I'm upgraded the firmware, now my camera will only point down, the gimble gets hot and the drone wouldn't climb above 4 ft, it bounced between 2 ft and 4 ft in altitude a few times then dove under a car.

No; but, thank you for the concern.

there's no physical damage on the phantom. I called a store and they said I should put the old firmware back on. This shouldn't be so complicated. I just recently graduated with a degree in electronics repair, but I don't know software and programming to save my life. Really wish it were just plug n play
Was the car moving ?

Yeah, I was about to buy an advanced but if the standard is going to need professional repair that's not gonna happen

I hate to hear this Fir and have lost something somewhere. I didn't think we could go back on the Standard Firmware .
Might can and I just missed that as I have never needed to .
Sorta sounds like the update just didn't take but I got to ask you knowing you had an issue why did you try and fly it ?
Or did I just misunderstand your OP .
OH....Glad that car wasn't moving ;)

I didn't know it had an issue. I did the update, then went to fly it like normal. As soon as it took off I noticed the camera facing down and it looked like my ex girlfriends attempts to drive inebriated. It may have been gotten 50ft away and 4ft high at most.
Worse part is I was finally getting comfortable flying it. Obviously im still new to this. I've built quads for school, but haven't flown one until this one.

Can you reinstall the update? What version does the go app say you have?

Can you reinstall the update? What version does the go app say you have?
I haven't found how to reinstall it, looking on google for a 'how to'
But I did power everything on to check version installed a few minutes ago and the gimble magically came on???? WTH is that about?

Yeah loading it in the bag now....fingers crossed. If this comes back to life I may be upgrading.

Son of gun! Quick flight because 45degrees is to cold for this southern boy. But, I'll be darned, everything went flawlessly. Went to my typical 150ft and did a quick poi flight. Hmmm, now do I want the added range of a p3a, the camera from p34k, or do I wanna see what the phantom4 is gonna do and get some upgrades for what I have? ....

Thank y'all very much!!

If it is in your budget the Pro or Advanced with Lightbridge are great choices. Lightbridge over wifi every time! Or wait out the P4 and fly the P3 till then. :)

If it is in your budget the Pro or Advanced with Lightbridge are great choices. Lightbridge over wifi every time! Or wait out the P4 and fly the P3 till then. :)
see that's partialy it right there, km famous for getting the current version just before the next comes out. A week after ingot my surfacepro3 they announced the 4. And seeing the price of the p3 drop to painful instead of impossible makes me wonder if the 4 is enroute.
Also, how does Lightbridge work? I mean I would love to get a few good 2-3 mile flights in, that would be awesome!!! And the thought had me with the **** p3a into the cart.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues