New Firmware available

ChesterT said:
:oops: As a noob, I need some help/clarification! I have never updated my P2V and am not familiar with some of the terms.

So far I have downloaded the P2V Assistant v1.08 and the User Guide v1.08. Where do I get the P2V Autopilot and the Control Board v1.0.1.19, or are both of these embedded in the Assistant file? I can not find these two files on the DJI download page.

Is there a sequence that should be followed in the update?

I have the DJI_Win8 Driver, which I will install on my PC first.

Thanks,

ChesterT

Hi Chester,

The assistant will download those files for you and perform the install. So all you need to do:

1). Install the DJI Phantom driver on windows (just need to do this once)
2). Download the latest Phantom Assistant from dji.com
3). Run the Phantom Assistant
4). Connect the PV to your computer with the microusb cable
5). Power up the phantom (Phantom assistant should recognise it's connected to PV and will change its display)
6). Click on the 'Upgrade' icon, it'll show which components need upgrading.
7). Click on the component to upgrade, then power cycle the phantom after each one.
8). ...
9). Fly!

Btw, updating the transmitter requires a different app (Phantom Transmitter assistant or some such), you'll need to open the transmitter to get to the microusb connector in it.

:!: :!: LeoS :!: :!: :!: :!: Pull_Up :!: :!:

Boy, it is so great to be able to ask a simple noobie question on this forum and get concise and polite assistance from you folks who already know this basic information.

YA'LL ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thanks again,

ChesterT

LeoS said:
ChesterT said:
:oops: As a noob, I need some help/clarification! I have never updated my P2V and am not familiar with some of the terms.

So far I have downloaded the P2V Assistant v1.08 and the User Guide v1.08. Where do I get the P2V Autopilot and the Control Board v1.0.1.19, or are both of these embedded in the Assistant file? I can not find these two files on the DJI download page.

Thanks,

ChesterT

Hi Chester,

The assistant will download those files for you and perform the install. So all you need to do:

5). Power up the phantom (Phantom assistant should recognise it's connected to PV and will change its display)
7). Click on the component to upgrade, then power cycle the phantom after each one.
8). ...
9). Fly!

Btw, updating the transmitter requires a different app (Phantom Transmitter assistant or some such), you'll need to open the transmitter to get to the microusb connector in it.
Be sure you recalibrate the transmitter before you fly. Mine was way out of wack after the update.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Old Gazer said:
LeoS said:
ChesterT said:

Thanks,

ChesterT

Hi Chester,

8). ...
9). Fly!

Be sure you recalibrate the transmitter before you fly. Mine was way out of wack after the update.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm glad someone mentioned that earlier. Mine were way off too... Taking off like that would be.... bad...

-slinger

Updated mine this afternoon - blowing a gale outside with rain so no chance to fly so I thought I might as well get the firmware done!

No issues, and I like that fact that the Assistant now just gets on and downloads new updates and sends them to the Vision automatically - that will hopefully stop people from getting a little overwhelmed about updating and whether or not there's a specific order to do things in. Very smooth update, sticks didn't need calibrating on mine but I did it again anyway as it does no harm. I also did an IMU calibration whilst I had the Vision sat quietly on the bench - again not necessary but does no harm to fully reset what straight and level means.

Only other things I did were to change the gimbal settings so it defaults to straight and level on start-up and I changed the third position of S1 from Failsafe to Manual as I'd like to get some manual stick time on the Vision at some point and see if my Hubsan X4 time has really paid off (plus it might help to save a flyaway should I ever have one...)

I was able to successfully perform the upgrades and found no new issues with two test flights. If my Tx was defective after the update, I could not tell it as I didn't know what to look for! :shock:

For any new P2V owner, such as myself, if you need questions answered, the following URL takes you to a well done wiki page that explains just about everything you should know about 'how to do' on your P2V :

http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phantom_2_Vision

The only thing this wiki page does not cover is the compass calibration.

ChesterT

Hi all
I've upgraded the Vision Assistant Software to 1.08, the upgraded everything I could in the upgrade panel.
Main controller is at 1.08 and Central Board is at V1.0.1.19, but I am stull able to upgrade them (to the same version).
Is this normal, or I upgrade them in the wrong order, or something?

kJlSapu.jpg

Monster2 said:
Hi all
I've upgraded the Vision Assistant Software to 1.08, the upgraded everything I could in the upgrade panel.
Main controller is at 1.08 and Central Board is at V1.0.1.19, but I am still able to upgrade them (to the same version).
Is this normal, or I upgrade them in the wrong order, or something?

kJlSapu.jpg

It comes up the same on mine. You haven't done anything wrong. It's just showing you what your version is and what the current version is. You have the option of redoing it in the event that for some reason it didn't take or it somehow not working right so you have the option of re-flashing it. No worries though you're good as long as your Phantom and Controller reflect the same version number as the updates.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4