New firmware available v1.1.9

"Notice:
Users are advised to update the firmware version to v1.1.9, otherwise future firmware will not be able to install"

WTF!!!....So, if I can't upgrade from v1.1.8 to v1.1.9, say because I am out of town and DJi releases v1.1.10., I am stuck forever on v1.1.8?????

What kind of sinister 'hook' is DJi putting in v1.1.19?
Just hack the URL and you can go back in time:
http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom_3/en/Phantom_3_Advanced_Firmware_v1.1.8_en.zip

Reactions: QuikSilver15
WTF!!!....So, if I can't upgrade from v1.1.8 to v1.1.9, say because I am out of town and DJi releases v1.1.10., I am stuck forever on v1.1.8?????

What kind of sinister 'hook' is DJi putting in v1.1.19?

So far that verbaige has been in both updates. I suspect they will just leave that wording in all future updates. At first I was thinking there might be a time when an update changes something so much that a future update won't be able to even start without the prior programming. However, your post brings to mind that I don't know if I've ever seen DJI leave prior updates on their website. If they don't, then a person would be screwed. So now I'm thinking two things... either this is still correct and at some time DJI may leave a prior firmware on their site or its just a way for DJI to "push" people to install each and every update as they are released.

So far that verbaige has been in both updates. I suspect they will just leave that wording in all future updates. At first I was thinking there might be a time when an update changes something so much that a future update won't be able to even start without the prior programming. However, your post brings to mind that I don't know if I've ever seen DJI leave prior updates on their website. If they don't, then a person would be screwed. So now I'm thinking two things... either this is still correct and at some time DJI may leave a prior firmware on their site or its just a way for DJI to "push" people to install each and every update as they are released.
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/new-firmware-available-v1-1-9.42770/page-3#post-390126

It's a pain in the arse to mess around with the whole memory card routine every time. They should just ping it via the app to the tx and bird.

"Notice:
Users are advised to update the firmware version to v1.1.9, otherwise future firmware will not be able to install"

Hehe, I'm sure the good people in this forum will download and save the different versions and help you out if you need it. At least I will.

Reactions: Oso
I am already at v1.1.8 and won't be able to update my p3A for a week or so.

bbfpv: Until that DJi link for previous F/W releases disappears when v1.1.10 is put out.

Hehe, I'm sure the good people in this forum will download and save the different versions and help you out if you need it. At least I will.

Great idea....

If anyone actually takes the time or bothers to read the release notes it clearly says:-

Notice

 Users are advised to update the firmware version to v1.1.9, otherwise future firmware will not be able to install.

Users may skip updating the remote controller if they have already updated the firmware to v1.1.8, as the latest firmware update does not affect the remote controller.

First thing I read...then followed the thread, said to myself ....this is why tigers eat their young. Then those that don't know what root is?

Just download and save each new version on your computer and a backup jump drive. If you are out of town, access a free computer at the library or hotel and save the download to your jump drive. Easy peasy

Reactions: n6vmo
bbfpv: Until that DJi link for previous F/W releases disappears when v1.1.10 is put out.
What link for previous releases? If you just change the version number in the URL, you can download that version. So, in your example, you'd change it to 1.1.9 and download it...

What link for previous releases? If you just change the version number in the URL, you can download that version. So, in your example, you'd change it to 1.1.9 and download it...

I understand the concept, and should have said "Until those DJi URL for previous F/W releases disappears when v1.1.10 is put out."

I understand the concept, and should have said "Until those DJi URL for previous F/W releases disappears when v1.1.10 is put out."
Well, 1.1.6 is still there w/ 1.1.9 out, so...

Anyway, just download them all now and keep a collection.

Reactions: n6vmo
It's a pain in the arse to mess around with the whole memory card routine every time. They should just ping it via the app to the tx and bird.

I agree. Everything else I own can update its firmware via an internet connection. I don't have to use a thumb drive to update my computer's motherboard. On the other hand, I guess if some people fly their phantom without using a tablet or lack an internet connection then it makes sense. Also, maybe thousands of users downloaded a firmware update at the same time would overload their servers and lead to greater frustration? Who knows.

what does "cpgz' mean at the end of the file after I unzip the file? Do I keep both on the SD card before updating?

Blade, I thought as much since I went directly to 1.1.8 when I updated. They should consider changing the verbiage in the release notes so no one else gets confused.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4