New firmware available v1.1.9

I just did the upgrade on my P3P and everything looks like it went smooth but I'm seeing firmware 1.1.8 showing up in the app!

Anyone else seeing this?

Here's the log from my FW update:

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 unsynchronized ======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.01.0009.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

Exact same result here with my P3. Went online with DJI 24hr chat and they told me its OK, and was successful. Said not to worry about it. Unclear why no blue light or sound on controller if successful, and why reading 1.1.8 if it's 9 ?

Upadate done. On my IOS DJI Pilot app I see in "about" 1.1.9 as fw version.

PS: I haven't done nothing to the RC

Not a folder called sypicall"root". The root folder just means "not in any (sub) folder".

To some this may be confusing, the root is the start of the file system, so on a PC your root is C:\
a folder in your root (C:) may be HP so it will look like this
C:\HP\
another folder inside HP called BIN will look like this
C:\HP\BIN

your root is typically "G" etc so the file will go into G:\P3X_FW_V01.01.0009.bin

Reactions: discv
Glad to hear you guys bravely being the first ones out of the gates to try this. Sounds like I will wait a bit, DJI may want to improve the release or the notes before I jump. The last thing I need right now is a busted bird. Is it usually safe to perform updates right after their release with dji?

Yeah, but then again:

"Users are advised to update the firmware version to v1.1.9, otherwise future firmware will not be able to install."

Well, better download and keep 1.1.9 somewhere just in case DJI determines that 1.1.8 cannot upgrade directly to 1.2.0 or whatever they are suggesting above...

The updates are usually thoroughly tested before being thrown to the wolves in here... But we can't say what or how DJI does their testing...

Some feel we the customer are the guinea pigs and testers for them...
I find that hard to swallow, and Want to believe the testing was done well in Advance of it being posted and published. That would be prudent...

RedHotPoker

The release notes dont effect any flight programming... so from that point of view it is ok for me to just do it...

I was hoping there would be something to stop the disconnects. And when I select screen to expose areas I want sometimes that also gives up an error... So that was what I was hoping for...

Is it usually safe to perform updates right after their release with dji?

...erm...sometimes.
This is a minor one and should be OK, it doesn't seem to mention fixing any issues we have spotted like error messages about VPS when at altitude or disconnecting intermittently.
So doesn't seem an obvious advantage to doing it ASAP
However it's annoying having it flag up firmware updates all the time so may as well do it in a day or two.

To be fair when bugs have crept in they are usually onto it in a matter of hours.
That's why it's often best to wait a bit.
This update's bug seems to be not reporting the correct new firmware in the app.. :rolleyes:

Reactions: TacAir42
Is it absolutely essential to do a compass calibration after a firmware update?

I usually drive a couple of miles to a field far away from anything "electrical or metal" to do the calibration and if I don't have to do this each firmware update that would be good to know...

well
my update does not even recognise the date!

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:11 unsynchronized ======
Result: Abort.

both the controller and the aircraft give same result...

DJI you really are ruining your friendships!

Same here on the tx. Appears that, as mentioned, this update might only be for the Phantom. Upon reviewing the changes, it seems like everything only pertains to the Phantom.

Would be nice for DJI to let people know that.

actually - it is on the pdf document

Notice:
 Users are advised to update the firmware version to v1.1.9, otherwise future firmware will not be able
to install.
 Users may skip updating the remote controller if they have already updated the firmware to v1.1.8, as
the latest firmware update does not affect the remote controller.

Reactions: Options
If anyone actually takes the time or bothers to read the release notes it clearly says:-

Notice

 Users are advised to update the firmware version to v1.1.9, otherwise future firmware will not be able to install.

Users may skip updating the remote controller if they have already updated the firmware to v1.1.8, as the latest firmware update does not affect the remote controller.

Last edited:
well
my update does not even recognise the date!

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:11 unsynchronized ======
Result: Abort.

both the controller and the aircraft give same result...

DJI you really are ruining your friendships!

Oh that's interesting. Try to switch on RC with phone attached then switch on aircarft. Leave them on for a couple of minutes. If this doesn't solve, try to put aircraft where you can have GPS signal.

Is it absolutely essential to do a compass calibration after a firmware update?

I usually drive a couple of miles to a field far away from anything "electrical or metal" to do the calibration and if I don't have to do this each firmware update that would be good to know...

Yes, driving somewhere to do a compass calibration is probably not necessary. Holding the craft 4 - 5 feet in the air while calibrating should be fine. If you have a grassy lawn in your yard, stand in the yard. I've stood in concrete parking lots without any trouble. Standing under power lines, might want to avoid that. I prefer to do the calibration where I'm going to fly that day.

Whether required after an update, why not take that 2 minutes to avoid possible problems. It is usually recommended to perform an IMU calibration after any kind of modification to the craft.

Reactions: BigPig and RyanK
As a newbie how often do dji release firmware updates? I wish it could just be done via wifi like mobile apps lol

"Notice:
Users are advised to update the firmware version to v1.1.9, otherwise future firmware will not be able to install"

WTF!!!....So, if I can't upgrade from v1.1.8 to v1.1.9, say because I am out of town and DJi releases v1.1.10., I am stuck forever on v1.1.8?????

What kind of sinister 'hook' is DJi putting in v1.1.19?

Users may skip updating the remote controller if they have already updated the firmware to v1.1.8, as
the latest firmware update does not affect the remote controller.

Thanks!

Was that there before (not that it really matters)? It was pretty late at night when read the pdf and did the install so I might have missed it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.