New firmware and new owner questions!

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Excited to say I've been enjoying my recently purchased Phantom 2 v.2 w/zenmuse h3-3d, gopro 3+ black combo! I even have my own ground station built I plan on sharing soon! But of course I have a few questions..

The first is firmware upgrading. Is this a separate process for each piece of the Phantom? e.g. controller, ecu, gimbal? Should I upgrade the 3.08 firmware (fly aways and other glitches in mind), and how will this change my flying experience from straight out of the box?

Secondly, are the course lock and home lock modes supposed to work out of the box or must they be activated? If so, are there risks involved with this?

Thanks !

Enable IOC in the Assistant software. No risks associated with this as UP on S2 is IOC off. Home Lock is an important tool to have anyway as it will bring the craft back to the Home Point regardless of which way it is pointing.

You need to enable Naza mode I think to get IOC, at the top of the assistant software it says Phantom, click it to change to Naza mode

crash1sttime said:
You need to enable Naza mode I think to get IOC, at the top of the assistant software it says Phantom, click it to change to Naza mode

Just know that switching to NAZA mode gives you more options but also requires you to be a more accomplished pilot. Just make sure you are very comfortable flying the Phantom before you start flipping switches :)

Good luck!

Buckaye said:
crash1sttime said:

Just know that switching to NAZA mode gives you more options but also requires you to be a more accomplished pilot. Just make sure you are very comfortable flying the Phantom before you start flipping switches :)

Good luck!

Just make sure that you dont set S1 bottom position to manual. You probably *dont* want that at the moment.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, really appreciate it! As for the firmware im sure someone has some insight on this topic?

TigardMikeR said:
Thanks for the feedback everyone, really appreciate it! As for the firmware im sure someone has some insight on this topic?

RC f/w is upgraded using RC Assistant with the PC plugged into the RC.
Everything else is upgraded via Phantom Assistant with the PC plugged into the Phantom.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4