New firmware 3.16 out

Same problem here.

Only when I tried to go back to 2.14 I still got error 27. No gps or magnetic field. Then I get the over heat message I was able to just keep hitting ok and it seemed to calibrate. I calibrated the compass and I got all the right lights but still error 27

I will test fly tomorrow and see what I get. If I could back up I would not have done the update

On the error 27 after you disconnect the computor from your phantom just flick the right switch from att to gps several times till you get a steady yellow light do the compass dance and when you hook it back up the gps is calibrated and the error 27 is gone,, and yes the motors and battery do run cooler checked it with hand held thermal reader.

My Error 27 never clears and I always get this heat warning of the MC is too high Please power off for 5 minutes. When I try to Advance Calibrate. Basic IMU said no need to Calibrate, but pop up tells me to do a advance calibration. Then we are back to the heat warning again and no GPS Calibrate. Even after power cycling and repeated clicking GPS and Atti. I wish they would have included notes for installing the update instead of telling us all the things it was suppose to do. Now, I have no idea if it is safe to fly without the GPS being Calibrated. Not way to get the error 27 to clear at this point.

i got the heat warning too on advanced calibration but not basic, went ahead and did the advanced anyways, also make sure you go into settings and change transmitter type back to pps, it will change it to u-bus when it upgrades, after that when you unplug from the computor you should be able to do compass calibration.

I upgraded to 3.16. Then imported Default Phantom Parameters prevoiusly downloades. Then I tried to perform Advanced Calibration (5-6 times). Always showed Error[27] and that anoying message related to MC temperature is to hot... bla ..bla..bla :mad:

A trick to complete Advanced Calibration was to keep pushing ENTER when the MC temperature MSG appeared. Around 40% completed... the MSG no appeared anymore and calibration went completed and Error[27] disappeared.

I did compass calibration (360° dancing...) and all seemed to be OK. So I went to fly... tried everything: Hover, GPS ATTI, Yaw, etc. when OOPPPS :eek: No IOC functions]. Landed and went to Naza Assistant. IOC was disabled and no way to enabled again. Tried all my tricks. I read in another forum that DJI disabled it for newbies...in 3.16

So, before upgrade to 3.16 my phantom was 3.12 and was flying great. I reverted Firmware to 3.12 using Naza 2.12. IOC is ON again, calibrations OK, No Errors... No MC Temperature BS MSG. Went to fly 3 batteries and all worked fine.

If it is working No try tro fix it (or no try to update it) :)

That Naza Assistant :evil: :lol: Check the great messages that was showing me:

Error-3.16-Advance-Calibration-Versions-mini.jpg

I tried again to Advance Calibrate and clear the GPS error 27. I still get the heat warning to power off for 5 minutes, kept clicking through that. (By now we all know to just click through this heat warning). Got a green check mark on the Advance Calibration, but the error 27 was still flashing. Thought to try it while outside. So, I lugged everything outside ran the Advance Calibration again, heat warning stuff again, clicked through that.
Unplugged and did a power Cycle. Still the error 27 appeared on rechecking. Did a 10 click of the GPS/Atti Switch and performed the swing compass calibration. Rechecked again Still error 27. Tried again the 10 click and swing calibration, but this time the error message disappeared.
So, I would perform the Advance Calibration outside and maybe try the 10 click of the GPS/ Atti switch and do the compass swing calibration twice. Maybe that will clear up some of the problems with this new update 3.16 for some of you. Load the Naza Assistant 2.16 onto a laptop and take it all outside. That way the phantom can get a lock on a few satellites during the Advance Calibration stage. Then just do the prestart of the compass (10 click and swing), but do it twice to get rid of the error 27. I am hoping this does it for me, since the error 27 message has now cleared.

I did both upgrades; software and firmware. When doing the advanced calibration I also got the "too hot" message. I unplugged for 10 minutes and no problem after that. I also noticed the OIC issue. I calibrated the transmitter and the OIC was enabled after I ticked the box. Flew around for a battery's worth and no issues.

i also managed to get throught the upgrade with no major issues, flew two batteries after and all seemed ok.

Sterling500 said:
Has anyone tested the operation of the SBUS 2 yet. This is what I have been waiting for, I can finally use all the channels and get rid of the extra wires. Just hope it works!

So I upgraded and switch over to SBUS, everthing works great, now I have more channels and can control the gimbal tilt etc.

After fixing for the error 27 message. I have logged 4 successful flights too. No problems to report. Version notes should include installing instructions, but currently only tell you what is new or improved over the last upgrade. The heat warning for the ICU was confusing, then followed by the Error 27 ( GPS is not Calibrated). Clicking through the heat warning and preforming the preflight compass calibration twice, cleared my Error 27 message. I have all green check marks in the tools tab of the Naza Assistant 2.16 Software.
You have to install the default file included on the update page after upgrading. (Import Parameters in the Tools Tab). Then reset the type of aircraft, radio control and perform a advance Calibration. Followed by a preflight compass calibration.

I did the update. Went to fly and the Phantom and it flies in a 15 foot circle around me in GPS Mode. First time this has ever happen in all the flights I've done. Not sure what the issue is yet.

jfalsken said:
After fixing for the error 27 message. I have logged 4 successful flights too. No problems to report. Version notes should include installing instructions, but currently only tell you what is new or improved over the last upgrade. The heat warning for the ICU was confusing, then followed by the Error 27 ( GPS is not Calibrated). Clicking through the heat warning and preforming the preflight compass calibration twice, cleared my Error 27 message. I have all green check marks in the tools tab of the Naza Assistant 2.16 Software.
You have to install the default file included on the update page after upgrading. (Import Parameters in the Tools Tab). Then reset the type of aircraft, radio control and perform a advance Calibration. Followed by a preflight compass calibration.

Success. Shutting down after heat warning and trying again later after running a compass calibration seemed to do the job for me too. Finally got thru a clean GPS calibration with no warning; seems to like that compass calibration early on. Flew nice this morning...it does acquire satellites faster than before. Haven't checked battery temp.

Ok. I updated it and I am getting error 27. What do I do? It won't let me calibrate the compass etheir! Only had the phantom for a week. Please help!

KJMetcalfe said:
I did the update. Went to fly and the Phantom and it flies in a 15 foot circle around me in GPS Mode. First time this has ever happen in all the flights I've done. Not sure what the issue is yet.

Well 3.16 was unstable for my Phantom and caused a fly away. Now I won't bother with firmware updates, you risk a flyaway, if it works well leave it, is now my moto.

My experience with the firmware upgrade.

Regarding Error 27; Unable to enter compass calibration; no IOC; after firmware upgrade.

You absolutely must restore everything back to phantom defaults (download the phantom default from the web). Before you do the upgrade, I would recommend reviewing your current settings, make notes if you suffer from short-timers memory...

Critical things to look at:
Under RC tab... be sure you have PPM for the stock transmitter
Make sure you have motor configuration set to X-Quad
Validate your gyro gains are within specs.
http://wiki.dji-innovations.com/en/inde ... t_Software

After all that is updated, power up... get GPS, do the compass dance. Then plug back in and you should have IOC controls again.
Seems that the firmware nukes all the saved settings, going to some non-phantom friendly defaults. Shouldn't take more than a minute or two to get back in specs.

Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20